HWBOT Community Forums

I.nfraR.ed - Athlon XP 1800+ Thoroughbred @ 2954MHz - 34sec 349ms SuperPi - 1M

ivanov

I had a video somewhere. Board has soft L12/self-modded bios + hard L12 and mobile mods via switches. When I flip the mobile mod switch board detects it as XP-M. Doesn't happen with other Thoroughbreds. The chips is exactly the one shown in the picture.

Uploading video now...

Here's the video

Thought somebody will ask, so made one long time ago. The only thing that changes is the specification field. Name stays the same - XP-M.

Haven't tried with older version though. When I bench it next time will try.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

No, I was wrong. It's 166 and 200MHz FSB detection mods. You know that for 200MHz you need 2 wires, so first switch is 166 and 1+2 is 200MHz. Don't know why board detects it as XP-M when 200MHz L12 applied.

You're right about Mobile mod, of course. It can be done via bridges on the cpu.

L5:2 is opened on the cpu, so there's no reason to be detected as XP-M...

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

It's 166 and 200MHz FSB detection mods. You know that for 200MHz you need 2 wires, so first switch is 166 and 1+2 is 200MHz.

This I understand.

Don't know why board detects it as XP-M when 200MHz L12 applied.

You're right about Mobile mod, of course. It can be done via bridges on the cpu.

L5:2 is opened on the cpu, so there's no reason to be detected as XP-M...

This I don't. Bridge mods don't work on NFII boards, only VIA and SiS. Normally I would have just chalked it up to a condensation short, but it shouldn't make a difference on a NFII based board.

Not questioning the result BTW, just asking how it reads XP-M on a non-mobile chip. Very odd. Vid and pic have you pretty much covered. Very wise. ;)

Edited by Mr.Scott

I searched for some old scores - afaik all my XP 1800+ T-Bred scores since 2010 are made with this chip.

It started detecting it as XP-M somewhere at the Q4 of 2012. I've switched a lot of boards, but there's only one final version of my modded bios. Haven't updated it for ages.

Looking at the other recent score with 1700+ T-Bred with the same board, it doesn't show up as XP-M, while I'm still running the same cpu-z, bios and probably XP install - http://hwbot.org/submission/2367628_i.nfrar.ed_superpi___1m_athlon_xp_1700_thoroughbred_35sec_0ms

It's not a condensation issue for sure, because it was the same on water, plus the video shows it running on water at 2.7GHz+.

Last time I checked, IIRC there was no way to revert back to Athlon XP either (switches didn't do anything). Might try reflash bios.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed