HWBOT Community Forums

GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD9 on the test bench ...

Massman

Just arrived today ... haven't done much more than open the box and install the platform and take a few lame-ass flash-enabled pictures. First bios boot looks promising - finally they made the switch to the legendary P55 series bios layout!

Will update once I got a few decent figures up.

th_100_3106.jpg th_100_3105.jpg th_100_3104.jpg th_100_3103.jpg

th_100_3102.jpg th_100_3101.jpg th_100_3100.jpg th_100_3099.jpg

th_100_3098.jpg th_100_3097.jpg th_100_3096.jpg

th_100_3095.jpg th_100_3094.jpg th_100_3093.jpg

cloudoc :D

lmao

I agree.

I'm not all too happy about all these 'supercool overclocking solutions'. Of course I can only speak for myself, but I prefer to get a physical overclocking tool inside the box when I buy it. No software, no necessary cell phone or notebook purchase or additional cost.

can you take pics with the heatsinks of............im interested with the controller(chil?) and driver and mosfets...

close up of capacitors(cpu area) too...

and max vcore in the bios....

and and coldbug comparison with other mobo you tried..

Bios lay-out is good; they implented the MIT layout from the P55 series onto this board. By the way ... no one noticed the UDP7 string coming with bios F2? Just FYI, flashing the bios to F4a doesn't change the UDP7 string ... I wonder if that's because of the rev0.2 PCB. This is a media sample, by the way, no special overclockers sample.

I'm still trying to work-around the 222MHz BCLK issue. It seems to be the same issue like I had on the UD7: 222MHz wall on air cooling, more on subzero. Will test the subzero part tonight.

Not much, really.

Quickly tested my own retail and crosscheckt coldbug with Xpower: both boards act the same.

I'm a bit 'pissed' that the board laying on my desk here is rev 0.2, which is not retail. This means that any issues I report can be swept from the table stating the board isn't retail. In fact, it's possible that my overclocking results don't resemble the overclocking results on retail ... :(

Not much, really.

Quickly tested my own retail and crosscheckt coldbug with Xpower: both boards act the same.

I'm a bit 'pissed' that the board laying on my desk here is rev 0.2, which is not retail. This means that any issues I report can be swept from the table stating the board isn't retail. In fact, it's possible that my overclocking results don't resemble the overclocking results on retail ... :(

That sucks :( They need to send you a new one because you perform the detailed real world test that these boards will be used for. Send them an email for a new retail revision :D