HWBOT Community Forums

[FAQ] Frequenly Asked Questions

QUESTION INDEX

• Will using this software void my warranty?
  • Will this work on my system?
  • This software doesn’t work, it is broken!
  • Is there a list of supported configurations?
  • I downloaded a profile and it didn’t work, what now?
  • Can I use this software without internet connection?
  • I like this software so much, how can I donate?
  • What does the score mean?
  • I just flashed the BIOS and XTU does not read out the values anymore!
  • How can I save my score to upload later?

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

Will using this software void my warranty?

The standard warranty agreement does not change – Intel does not warrant overclocking. HWBOT is a community site for overclockers, made and maintained by overclockers. We don’t care about warranty and overclock anyway. HWBOT is not responsible for any failures before, during and after testing XTU profiles hosted at the site. All overclocking happens at your own risk.

Will this work on my system?

The Intel XTU sofware application will work on any Z77 and Z87 system, provided that the mainboard BIOS supports this application. There are different levels of BIOS support, going from basic support of the benchmark, over medium support of on-the-fly overclocking to full support with fully compatible online profile sharing. Certifications for compatible XTU mainboards are being issued on a per-board basis by the HWBOT Test Lab. For more information, please visit our XTU support page.

This software doesn’t work, it is broken!

Although we are fully aware software is never perfect and therefore XTU might contain a bug or two, it is possible that your bug is not caused by the software. XTU support relies on the mainboard development teams to provide sufficient support from the BIOS in order to have the full support for XTU. See question #2.

For bug report and other questions, feel free to pass by in our forums.

Is there a list of supported configurations?

Yes, find the list here: .

I downloaded a profile and it didn’t work, what now?

No need to panic, everything is just fine. After all, overclocking will always be partially troubleshooting. That is what makes it fun and interesting. In case the downloaded profile did not work, you can always try another one.

Can I use this software without internet connection?

Yes, you can. XTU will work as a standalone software overclocking utility and allow local on-the-fly changes even if you are not connected to the internet. You can also save a benchmark score locally and upload manually to HWBOT later.

I like this software so much, how can I donate?

The only form of donation we accept is spreading the love for overclocking. If you like this software and the integration, tell your friends, family, co-workers and pets about it! The more love for overclocking, the better!

What does the score mean?

Nothing. Well, not nothing but very little. The XTU benchmark score does not reflect any real world workload and is not designed to be used in reviews or as meaningful performance comparison tool. It is designed to quickly assess your configuration’s performance and compared to similar overclocked configurations. We use the performance index to visualize progress and provide users a simpler interface for overclocking.

Simply said, higher is better. That is all you need to know.

I just flashed the BIOS and XTU does not read out the values anymore!

It may happen that after a bios flash XTU will no longer display all the information after a BIOS flash. It is possible that the new BIOS has less support for XTU, but it might also be due to the need of a power cycle. A power cycle can be performed by simply shutting down your system, unplugging the power cable, wait for a couple of seconds and then plug the power back in. After the power cycle, the information may be restored.

How can I save my score to upload later?

Saving a benchmark result to upload later is quite simple:

• Run the benchmark
  • Click on Save in the lower right corner (image)
  • Enter a name for your saved profile/score (image)
  • Go to the Profile tab and click on the saved score (image)
  • Click on Export Profile and save the profile/score on a local disk (image)
  • Go to the HWBOT website to upload the score manually (image)

Edited by Massman

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
I do not have the benchmarking tab !!!!

I tried XTU for the first time, ran into a few problems with the benchmark tab also.

I tried every version of XTU, and had no luck. installed it on my main OS and it was fine.

What services/drivers etc are needed to run the benchmark? (or have the tab)

What platform are you running ?

3770k on win7

the full OS has the benchmark tab, but a stripped version doesnt.

tried WMI, help & support, netframework, power, plugnplay, intel drivers etc and the benchmark tab still didnt come back with the stripped version.

must be some kind of service/app to get it to work?

Nothing special, I think. I assume you have the Chipset/MEI drivers installed?

yup, ill go through all the services etc 1 by 1 and see which one stops the benchmark tab.

ill re-edit this post so others can google it and find the answer if they have similar problems.