HWBOT Community Forums

Christian Ney - Rage Pro @ 50/50MHz - 71 marks Aquamark

@ DrSwizz, Impossible to run 3DMark01, and Aquamark always crashing after 16 hours for me that why I have downclocked it, the drivers were : for WindowsXP :

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/legacy-xp.aspx

Select the 2nd one ( Rage Pro ).

Yes, it is too bad 3dmark01 requires soo much video memory. :-/

Thank for the link. I am currently using those drivers too.

I asked about it because I was figuring that it might be the drivers that was causing the crashes and I have looked in vain for a slightly newer/older versions of the drivers.

Yes I have searched it too, cause it's the driver who is crashing at about 5050 fps of the bench, it's beaucause the card is not as powerful, she doesn't support the explosion :). That why I have underclocked it, doing so she is as unpowerful that the explosion is not calculated, so she can reach the end of the bench :D

Yes I have searched it too, cause it's the driver who is crashing at about 5050 fps of the bench, it's beaucause the card is not as powerful, she doesn't support the explosion :). That why I have underclocked it, doing so she is as unpowerful that the explosion is not calculated, so she can reach the end of the bench :D

Hmm... So the big explosion at the end of the benchmark is removed when the card is being clocked lower?

When I look at windows/aquamark behaves when the big explosion is being rendered it seems that the driver is doing just fine, but since the driver is so busy with the explosion Windows thinks that the driver has crashed and therefore kills/restarts the driver.

Is is possible to somehow increase the timeout before windows kills/restarts the driver?

Edit:

I did some googling and found this:

http://technet.microsoft.com/sv-se/library/cc976062(en-us).aspx

I have set the value to 65536 on my rig now, I think that should be enough ;-)

I wonder if changing this value is enough, though. Could there be other timers in the kernel that could cause problems?

Edited by DrSwizz

Unfortunately increasing the timeout value didn't help much. :-(

The explosion seemed to progress a little further, but windows still killed the driver. I guess the upper limit for the timeout must be something lower than 65536.

I thinking of giving up on this card and aquamark now.

You have to try over and over :D, for me it took 2 weeks :D:D. As I have 3 Bench System it was OK

I tried 7-8 times with more or less the same result.

I suppose I could try harder to find a different version of the drivers or I could disable direct draw acceleration entirely. And I have second Rage Pro Turbo card that I also could try. I suppose I more recent version of directx wouldn't hurt either.

freakinnn hell! 20!, deserve extra medal for longest run!....admire ya determination

lol go for 10 mark , would that be 60?

I will try it ( with a pentium downclocked to 20 mhz ) and also dowclocked card and MipMap - 3, full aliasing, anisotropy. xD

10 Mark would be : 0.01 fps => 5200 / 0.01 => 520000 / 60 /60 => 144 hours

Next Challenge :D:D:D:D:D

144 + maybe 10 attempts to be successful = about 1440 hrs....WOOW!!!!!!!! be careful dont go benchy insane watching all that:).....watched 25 mins aquamark to finish on me EeePC was painful .....

Goodluck doing it with first try..........

144 + maybe 10 attempts to be successful = about 1440 hrs....WOOW!!!!!!!! be careful dont go benchy insane watching all that:).....watched 25 mins aquamark to finish on me EeePC was painful .....

Goodluck doing it with first try..........

I can bench other things at the same time, I have got 3 bench systems :D;)

And I am not as GEEK(-GEEK +stupid) to watch the full bench.

• 4 months later...