HWBOT Community Forums

crucial ballistix tracer

yeah...im planning to get one too.......crucial ballistix tracer 6400 ddr2 800 2gb(2x1gb)....

is the ram running at 800mhz default?need help from crucial users......coz smone said to me that we need to tweak it to achieve 800mhz...all performance ram is like that....according to him.....WTH...is it true?currently im using xms2 ddr2 800 2gb......running default 800mhz.....he said those who buy corsair is stupid,corsair performance ram is same as its value ram,just added the heatspreader....is it true also?

need guidance from experts.....(",)

planning to get one..any comment on this ram?

It's the same like the "normal" Ballistix, just with some "flashy" LEDs...apart from that they're both the same, and using Micron D9GMH chips [ the best chips for DDR2 ]

They'll do at least what the average D9GMH kit can do...more or less ? depends on your luck.

You can pick a kit which will do DDR2-1150 with 5-5-5-15 timings, you can also pick a kit which will reach DDR2-1250 with 5-5-5-15 timings...it's all about luck as long as you pick up a kit with D9GMH/D9GKX chips ;)

yup.. i know about the chip..it uses D9GMH(B6-3)..but some of my fren bought crucial ballistix 6400 which is supposed to run at 800..but what happened is the ram only run at 667..the person who r selling the ram told us dat its normal for this ram to run at 667..therefore, owner have to tweak it as to make it reach 800.. is it true?

________

Gaston chevrolet history

Edited by renesis07

yup.. i know about the chip..it uses D9GMH(B6-3)..but some of my fren bought crucial ballistix 6400 which is supposed to run at 800..but what happened is the ram only run at 667..the person who r selling the ram told us dat its normal for this ram to run at 667..therefore, owner have to tweak it as to make it reach 800.. is it true?

It's not a fault of the memory, nor a problem.

With some motherboards you have to manually set your RAM to run at their rated frequency.

• 4 weeks later...

Crucial 10th Anniversary Edition have arrived....After 10 minutes of playing with them on Dfi Infinity P965-S it looks like this:

1202Mhz 5-4-4-18 2.375v

800Mhz 3-3-3-10 2.1v

And yeah...oh yeah....they are the 1.8v version ;)

LE: To lazy to resize the screenshots now, will do it some other time :P

CL3 bug with i965 is myth :).

You sure, 71proste, that You are not booting with CL4 and changing via MemSet to CL3 [it does nothing in fact ;)]? Because 500 CL3 with such low voltage is absolutely unbelievable.

The key is 3-4-4-x not 3-3-3-x and 1066 strap of course [or modded - this is tricky ;)]. And CL must be booted from BIOS, other may be changed on the fly,

1:1 i965

16m4444710094ek4.th.jpg

4444 7-10-094

16mnowe23444lepszesuby7qp9.th.jpg

3-4-4-4 7-07-563

:)

CL3 bug with i965 is myth :).

You sure, 71proste, that You are not booting with CL4 and changing via MemSet to CL3

this is what im doing,i didnt say that im booting with cl3:confused:

16m4444710094ek4.th.jpg

4444 7-10-094

16mnowe23444lepszesuby7qp9.th.jpg

3-4-4-4 7-07-563

:)

small diference about 3sek

..but when im booting with cl5 and than change to cl4 via Memset i see the huge diference,hmm...i thought it should be same with cl3 if the system still stable...

Nice mem you had there mate :)

If I tell you how did I get them you will run away either crying or insanely laughing...

I bought them brand new, from a guy who didn't knew what he had, and he sold them to me for something like 133 USD :D

I didn't get enough time to test them yet (maybe some 608i testing just for show-off) but I am beggining to love them already :D

I am still curious how the 8500 Crucials that I will receive from the States will perform...

Thank you my friend, I really was a lucky bastard regarding the AE kit :D

I am really waiting to get my hands on those 8500. I will also get a 6400 kit for a friend of mine, so maybe I'll make a little round-up before I give those away, between Crucial AE, 8500 and 6400 and my old Mushkin XP6400 and some Mushkin 9200......Really curious how they would compare to each other :)

Anyway, that will not happen until october, so I'll better find some time for the AE kit, 'cause they deserve it......

• 7 months later...