HWBOT Community Forums

Old school OCZ Platinum OCZ4002048ELDCPE-K suggested settings

trodas

Well, the test was made on highly overclocked i7, so it is well possible that on old machines it could help more. Gotta try it next time I try the SuperPi for more speed :)

PAT is in Memset Performance Mode. It was actually a feature for i875.

But then the Abit IC7-MAX3 have more modern chipset that the ASRock 775i65g...! What do i865G stand against the i875 in terms of speed?

BTW, the performance mode seems enabled by default in i865 according to this screenshot of mine:

ASRock_celeron_FSB_150.jpg

So there is no reason to fall back because of PAT. Waza would give less that minute, so then a WinXP optimizing is only one thing that is left :) Suggestions? I actually think that I disabled the WFP, the unnecessary services... and then there is not much left to do. Right or wrong?

BTW, the performance mode seems enabled by default in i865 according to this screenshot of mine:

ASRock_celeron_FSB_150.jpg

So there is no reason to fall back because of PAT.

If i remember correctly.

The 865 chipset had PAT activated (in bios) up to 200fsb.

After that point , no PAT.

So , you are ok at this point (150fsb).

Strunkenbold -

Waza is more effective the less your CPU has cache. Its not only 5sec on old machines but more something like 30-60sec. PAT is in Memset Performance Mode. It was actually a feature for i875.

Well, then I probably should start to use Waza, because w/o the Waza I get to 32min 52sec 609ms with my P4 650 at 215x17:

http://hwbot.org/submission/2858082_trodas_superpi___32m_pentium_4_650_32min_52sec_609ms

(first place using the ASRock 775i65G mobo, lol... and I did not even tried very hard to get there... just used good cooler - Noctua NH-C12P SE14 and damn serious PSU - eVGA Supernova G2 850W ... and there is it :) Now how about 217x17?! :D )

So if using Waza grant me 30 to 60 sec, then my result will be even better. That seems to be worth the try... when your rams come by :) Still nothing yet, so I wonder when you send me these?

TASOS -

If i remember correctly, the 865 chipset had PAT activated (in bios) up to 200fsb. After that point, no PAT.

Good to know, thanks! I also noticed, that the PAT need to be enabled past 200MHz - eg. as soon, as I started overclocking the P4.

I could only wonder, where my Core 2 Extreme X6800 is waiting. Ordered one from China and hoped for some fun with unlocked multiplier - eg. to be possible to push the FSB really high :DStrunkenbold promised rams, that can do 265MHz with reasonable timings, so together and all-in-all it could be interesting overclocking platform. Some records should be broken - hopefully :D

How it evolve over time:

ASRock_775i65g_1.jpg ASRock_775i65g_2.jpg ASRock_775i65g_3.jpg ASRock_775i65_G_4.jpg ASRock_775i65_G_5.jpg

• 1 month later...

Now testing these nice Qimonda rams on ASRock 775Dual-VSTA mobo :) Things are looking good - first using testing Celeron D 336 2.8GHz, these rams can do at PC3200 (200MHz clock) 1T, dual channel (of course) and 4 Way interleave. 8 Way was a bit too much, sadly... :)

Now off to finetune the other timings in hope to get even more speeeeeeeeed from them. Memtest ram speed jumped from default setting 1772MB/sec to 2133MB/sec :D

Sure, show you they can go.

Qimonda rams runs in memtest at default settings at 1772MB/sec. After setting them properly, they run at 2305MB/sec (2370 when used the Pipeline DRQCTL on):

CAS - 3

DRAM Bank Interleave - 4 Way

TRCD - 3

TRP - 2

TRAS - 8

TRFC - 9

TRRD - 2

TRTP - 2

TWTR - 1

TWR - 2

DRAM Bus Selection - Dual Channel

DRAM Command Rate - 1T

Kinda difference. The ram divider is locked at 5:6 and with the DDR 400 settings it get to 197MHz, when FSB is 164MHz. Not that bad for a Celeron D 336 (old Presscot core).

Edited by trodas

• 2 months later...

Strunkenbold Qimonda DDR rams in PI-A9RX480 - 254MHz w/o even trying any overclock:

Super_Pi_32_M_26_49_564.jpg

Sure, 3-3-2-8 is not any miracle and the dreaded 2T is likely mainboard fault, as years before it worked well with 1T ... and now it does not. Recapping is in order, IMHO...

But the rams are going pretty strong ;) Time to push harder...