HWBOT Community Forums

ludek111 - CUSL2-C @ 177MHz - 177 MHz Reference Clock

gigioracing

Yes I modded CUSL2-c like this:

57_1235217679.jpg

Without connecting Vss to Vid_25_mv

Insulate three pins and connect PWRGD (not insulated) to VttPWRGD (which is insulated). I was using small cable. It's good to make the insulated pins holes bigger.

I was using this sophisticaded tool: LINK :D

Edited by ludek

Thanks for the answer but I actually did the same mod and tried even more (G35-G37 bridge, isolation of Detect etc) - no go. With Evil Inside bios too. All voltages are in place (vcore, vtt, vnb, vagp, vdimm) - but still black screen. Probably should do a more complex connection of AK4 either to VTT or PWGD with resistor and capacitor.

I have done this mod lots of times ~25-30, always working on CUSL2-C and on Via based CUV4X-M. I always use insulation from copper wire (AWG26-30 ?), cut it to small ~0.4 cm parts and putting it on pins. If those not squash while putting CPU to socket, then it works and pins are insulated.

Did you mod cpu or mobo to support PIII-S? I failed to make PIII-S with mods run on CUSL2, although it still works in TUSL2. Modded Celly 1.1 1.5v works fine. But modded Celly 1.1 1.475 doesn't. Dunno what to do - don't want to mod motherboard.

With my cusl2 there is the same problem.

sl6bx,sl6by,sl6c8 no problems,with a celeron 1.3 ta1 no problems,with a sl6c7...crash,reboot,is hard open windows,impossible close superpi 1m.

Why?I don't know...my mod is kills 3 pin,not bridge.

@ludek111

recently i test max fsb 133:100 of my cusl2,is capable of 223 superpi 1m,but i have not a good memory so 167 3 3 3 7 9 is very hard,i had a cusl2-c capable of 190 superpi 1m stable.

cusl2-c is not good for high fsb but

1)test in 66:100 your max pci/agp stable

2)133:100 is better of 133:133,may be your limit is the ram and not the mainboard.

3)

I have used cusl with this mod in my wr frequency. The bridge don t needed

Wr frequency....sborone :D

Thanks, but i used Crucial CL2 wich has done 206 MHz, so 1:1 divider is good. I noticed lower fsb while using 133:100. I'm using GF4 x8 which can work with >100 MHz AGP stable. Only this motherboard was the limit. I have a Celeron Tualatin 256 kB 133/1300 MHz. As far as I remember, it was working with CUSL2-C two years ago without problems. Maybe your processor has got burned cache. Try to turn it off in bios.