HWBOT Community Forums

The official suzuki's 3DMark2001 SE global challenge - May 5, 2014 until Jun 4, 2014 thread.

suzuki

Fixed frequency challenges, like this one ,are a great way for improving efficiency :).

You have nothing to lose,only important things to gain .

For those who are watching this challenge i can say only 1 thing,be brave and enter !

:) ,no matter what card you use,you will improve your efficiency.

I hope the others in the challenge will post soon,not only sandbagging . :D

For the rest,it's still time to join,with any of these 4 cards(gtx260/gtx275/gtx280/gtx285) you can win the challenge.

hey suzuki,

i would give as price a gtx275 with koolance waterblock for next challenge.

i only dont have the hole-plugs.

let us think about how we could do it-if ya are interested.

DSC00715-j769.jpg

Edited by basco

Just talked to basco over pm and he agrees to give as a prize A gtx 275+waterblock as is shown in the picture for who will win the challenge.

I and him will participate only for the fun of it,not for the prize,but anybody else.....go for it :) .

Super user basco,i hope other older oc-ers out here can take an example from him.

Edited by suzuki

A little suggestion for those who are new on 3dmark2001 ,take the guide and study it,there are only guidelines,it doesn't means that those settings will bring you the maximum points.

The lod settings are configuration independent,maybe mine will not work at you,the same way as for me.You have to test yourself which LOD is the best for each sub-teston your configuration.

Another thing is the test order,there are different combinations,also is best to see which are the most susceptible to frame dropdown,so you can put them first.Try different combinations.

no prob,

i hope this works out fine and suzuki already said he is preparing a ati challenge and there again you can win the same card.

so if ya have luck or have 2x good scores you have the chance to get a 275 sli setup with water cooling.not bad i think.

hope this inspires some other guys/girls to do something similiar.

quick test of the card under air:

http://hwbot.org/submission/2548251_

and my best score for suzukis challenge:

http://hwbot.org/submission/2548253_ not really earthshattering but started with 90000 without tweaks.

so get it on on and win yourself a nice gpu

Guest k.pisti
how it was working and what brand was it ? :D

Gigabyte GTX260OC. Ref pcb, ref cooler (until I swapped it with a Prolima MK13).

It went 840MHz on the core without any additional voltage. 1800 on the shaders were easy.

I don't know much about the NVIO chip and its purpose, but I accidentally "decornered" it. Thus the chip, which is turning on the card got damaged, it no longer turns on. I need a core dead 216 65nm 260 and get a rework shop replace the two bga chips to bring it back to life.

Guest k.pisti

Gainward GS cards are 55nm, I don't think I can put a 65nm core on a 55nm card. :(

I should just get a ref 260/280 (same layout/pcb) and swap the NVIO chip out (or put the golden core onto the new card). Full cover waterblocks for ref design cards are cheap as hell, I can get a pair of 'em nickel/plexi EK for 15ish euros.

Sadly I don't have a strong "base system" (mobo-ram-cpu) for wr'ish 3D results.

Do you think I can reach good points using 775/ddr2? (I am a fanatic of 775 Wolfdale and Yorkfield cpu's, 1400+ cl5 ddr2 ram combos for 2D) I don't really think, among these 6500MHz+ Haswell cpu's for even the shittiest cards (7200se, 840gs....). :/:D

ps.: sorry for the long comment.

If your card is with 216 shaders they are the same. 260 192 shaders/280 have different layout and they allow voltage control via software.

With wolfdale you will loose many points,it's better if you have at least a sandy -5500 mhz (10k difference than a e8400 at 5.1,at least).

Guest k.pisti

My card is 216sp, 65nm, 260/280 ref pcb. Memory chips on both sides, software voltage control possibility, fullcover block applicable. I know what I'm talking. They are not the same with the gw chip. (and no, it's not a gpu-z bug)

Thanks for reminding me this good ole' card, I will repair it.

Edited by k.pisti

Everyone who made test for this challenge,please post your best result in order to know what to do with the prize(I cannot win it :)) ).

Post the screen shot in here like it's shown above,but with cpu+memory tab and gpu-z,eventual also monitor tab in afterburner.