HWBOT Community Forums

ksateaaa23 - Broadcom BCM2709 @ 1133MHz - 1308.35 pps HWBOT Prime

ChentinoX

i saw this on forum when i use the command ps -ef its working fine, i get all the running processes. but when i type sudo init 1 suddenly screen goes blank and can't run the bench. with gui interface not getting good score. can anyone help. otherwise planning to change the os to ubuntu mate.

"Now since the ARM Overclocking Competition is over I want to show my tweaks here. To try them out make sure to set up your RPi with newest JAVA8 like Massman explained in his RPi Overclocking guide. Please do not start the GUI with startx.

The first tweak will be to turn off everything which is not necessary (like sound and network if you don't want to watch youtube). Type

$ ps -ef

to see which processes are running.

Now type the following to enter runlevel 1:

$ sudo init 1

The Linux OS is now in single user mode and only processes which are necessary to keep the OS running are running.

$ ps -ef

Next, start the Benchmark and use the second tweak. I changed process priority to use the processor more efficiently. This can be done with the command "nice".

$ nice -n 19 java -jar hwbotprime.jar

You can adjust the priority with the parameter -n. Values range is from -20 (most favorable to the process) to 19 (least favorable to the process). To get more information read the manual page of nice with the command "man nice". It's strange to me that the score is higher with a lower priority, but I think this is because the linux OS and the java runtime environment are running faster then and the benchmark doesn't have to wait for them.

The score I get after the bechmark is somtimes very different. I get results under 720PPS but for example after seven runs suddenly I have a score around 730PPS once. My third tweak was a short shell script, which runs the benchmark in a loop and saves every score. I can choose the highest score in the end.

Save this code in a new file named bench.sh."

i saw this on forum when i use the command ps -ef its working fine, i get all the running processes. but when i type sudo init 1 suddenly screen goes blank and can't run the bench. with gui interface not getting good score. can anyone help. otherwise planning to change the os to ubuntu mate.

sir, whatever i have posted is somebody else's post on hwbot forum. i couldn't get it run with those commands and looking for some help.

http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=88888

Edited by ksateaaa23