HWBOT Community Forums

ludek - EP-3PTA @ 207.2MHz - 207.19 MHz Reference Clock

ludek

Nice one, ludek! I told you, recapping works! :) Now... why CPU-Z is complaining about the score? (reporting "unchecked")

Looks within the realm of possibility to me, tough this is only CPU overclocking, the memory is not that well overclocked at 155MHz. Never the less, still pretty impressive!

I use XOC=1 so I don't know... On my today;s submissions says "validated". Solano is so good platform :)Another motherboard in my collection the Abit SA6R. That epox 3PTA maybe fly as good as TUSL2 but subzero needed :(

Nice one, ludek! I told you, recapping works! :)

If blowen caps has got 5% of manufacturer's declarated capacity was bad, but (shock!) is was POSTing without problems. Recapped using 2.5 V caps, will see if they blown when "extreme oc" will come :)

XOC=1 so I don't know... On my today;s submissions says "validated".

Interesting. Did you also used XOC=1 for todays validated subs?

blowen caps has got 5% of manufacturer's declarated capacity

Classic...

but (shock!) is was POSTing without problems

Must be quite stable sturdy board! That is actually a good sign.

Epox 3PTA maybe fly as good as TUSL2

But to match Gradus speeds, you need to go thru plenty of Qimonda rams in order to get the possibility of 3-3-3-7 at 240+MHz ones :) And I doubt that it will be easy to get the board into such clocks w/o extreme mods :) I would stick with the Asus TUSL2-C, as TerraRaptor is using to these absolutelly stunning scores with SDRAMs!

You can source it easily on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-TUSL2-C-motherboard-Intel-Tualatin-1-4GHz-512MB-memory-/281808235276?hash=item419d146b0c

Recapped using 2.5 V caps, will see if they blown when "extreme oc" will come :)

Please don't overvolt them. 2.5V polymers have at most 2.8V that they can take - for brief period of time (at least that is what Nichicon ones can take, but I never tried this...). Use 4V polymers, if you are planing to go bad a*s on the poor mobo, please :D