HWBOT Community Forums

Question about Customize your profile option.

paladdinsane

Hi

Just a quick question about the user profile page for HWBOT.

Under the 'Customize your profile' page there is an option for 'Banner:' that asks for the 'URL of banner image'.

I have attempted to link images here to customize my profile page, but nothing seems to work. The space always ends up displaying a broken image link labeled 'Team banner' above my profile image. This is ugly, no one likes dead links at the top of their page!

So...

Is there some specific format or file type that must be used here?

Also...

I am unable to remove the dead link by emptying the URL on the 'Customize your profile' page. It does not seem to save an empty field. Is there any way to remove this content and clean up the dead link?

• 3 months later...
Hi

Just a quick question about the user profile page for HWBOT.

Under the 'Customize your profile' page there is an option for 'Banner:' that asks for the 'URL of banner image'.

I have attempted to link images here to customize my profile page, but nothing seems to work. The space always ends up displaying a broken image link labeled 'Team banner' above my profile image. This is ugly, no one likes dead links at the top of their page!

So...

Is there some specific format or file type that must be used here?

Also...

I am unable to remove the dead link by emptying the URL on the 'Customize your profile' page. It does not seem to save an empty field. Is there any way to remove this content and clean up the dead link?

Same thing here. Please a little help.

• 1 year later...
On 4.9.2016 at 11:28 AM, websmile said:

Massman fixed the issue, it can always re-occur for a few users, but you can try again, feedback if it works now would be welcome :)

Sorry for commenting in such an old thread, but I am experiencing the exact same. Could you remove the ugly team banner on my profile? Thanks in advance :)

http://hwbot.org/user/tech_wizard/

Edited by Tech_Wizard95