HWBOT Community Forums

Alpi - Athlon 64 X2 5400+ (Brisbane) @ 3920.4MHz - 3920.39 mhz CPU Frequency

Calathea

Thanks ! Not really. :( It has cb too a little under those temps. Didn't use thermal paste so I can make some valid. But it's quite a struggling. I'm going to try again, I'm sure, but I'm too tired to play this tonight. :( These cpu's can go really high without this creepy cb ! :)

Generally speaking, I consider anything under -15 as a good CB :)

The best AM2 chip I have in terms of CB is my 6000+ F3 which was performing well at about -48C on the SS,

but for max validation I would probably need higher temperature and LN2 to control it.

You all might try disabling one core (from windows) and see if it helps with validation.

You need to cool them down. All high "water/air" results you see in the database are actually done in winter :)

And they also start to scale at about 1.55-1.6V, but you need a really good cooling, otherwise it will overheat.

My 6000+ F3 is hot as hell, but scales with cold. It overheats with stock cooling.

Starting from AM2, all AMDs have soldered IHS.

Also... don't push volts too high, they can't handle e.g. 1.9V :)

It depends on the chip, but usually around 1.6 - 1.7 is best with good cooling (chilled water/air, SS, DI, LN2). You need to balance between temperature, frequency, voltage and HTT.

I believe the most common reason for these to coldbug is the IMC.

Statistically speaking, you would have a better chance to hit 4GHz+ with Windows F3, although if you find a gold Brisbane, then you can match the best F3s.

I don't know much about steppings though - Knut (knopflerbruce) and Sam (TaPaKaH) have much more knowledge than me.

Windsors generally have lower CB, I think. Maybe because they are hotter than Brisbanes. Haven't tested too many chips though.

But it can be all across the board for them too.

Many chips will boot with SS temps and 200MHz HTT, but when you increase the HTT the fun begins :)

A black edition Brisbane is a possible variant, since you can increase the multi, lower the temperature and keep the HTT close to stock.

Chances with non-BE Brisbane are smaller.

At 200MHz you have one CB, at 280 it is different. And you have to find the sweet spot between voltage (affects core temperature), HTT and cooler temperature.

Generally speaking hotter your cpu is, higher HTT it can do. This is also how mainboard ref clock records for K8 are done - CPU temp goes up to the limit of thermal shutdown to lift HTT wall.

PS: Apparently I was wrong about all AMDs being soldered. It seems APUs are not.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed