HWBOT Community Forums

ultraex2005 - MT6592 1400MHz @ 1400MHz - 2418 pps HWBOT Prime

Strunkenbold

• Crew

You are probably correct (I took the information from the wrong site). Thx to your hint, I think I was wrong about Alps. This is probably a Mlais M9. Alps is probably just the maker of the pcb.

And you are also correct: Android ranking is useless until now. But if those false detected phones appear in the rankings and compete for Globalpoints its time to react. (a shame this result was here for almost 2 years)

Alps is the generic name the source code from Mediatek is handed over to ODMs. Smaller brands don't bother changing it.

All MTK devices will have that name in their build.prop, e.g. ALPS.L1.MP5, which is MTK's way of coding their source branches.

Another problem is many people "port" ROMs from one device to another, usually not correcting build.prop or changing values as they want to whatever they want.

I don't think these should be classified in separate categories by device name, but only by chipset name. There are too many devices, even "custom" ones, because porters don't know what they are doing or think it will be cool to change device name.

Maybe we can work a little bit with the developer of hwbot prime for better detection mechanism of all these countless devices.

It is also very easy to mask any device to another one with the same SoC with a simple build.prop value change.

One SoC always uses the same GPU in all devices, so I think this is the only reliable way to classify them.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

I would appreciate if you guys would send a report about your unknown, not properly detected china smartphone to the forum support. Instead of grabbing 20 GP in the single core ranking for a octa core SOC.

The application makes a false hardware detection.

It does not detect an unknown device , cause it produces a valid file result.

Should we punish the end-user , for following the instructions of hwbot prime application and presses the submit button ?

or punish him , for not having extend hardware knowledge ?

Should the owner of a diesel VW Golf , get punished for illegal emmisions during a road block inspection ?

The proper solution is to fix the application.

In the meantime , you can disable points for this specific benchmark.

• Crew
The application makes a false hardware detection.

It does not detect an unknown device , cause it produces a valid file result.

Should we punish the end-user , for following the instructions of hwbot prime application and presses the submit button ?

or punish him , for not having extend hardware knowledge ?

Should the owner of a diesel VW Golf , get punished for illegal emmisions during a road block inspection ?

The proper solution is to fix the application.

In the meantime , you can disable points for this specific benchmark.

Hey Tasos, I didnt think I punished here anyone. AFAIK I just moved his submission. But dont you think your Golf example is a little bit off here?

We didnt take money for his submission nor do we harm the environment in any way. We are a community and as those we treat each other with respect. I really dont think that you buy a Chinese smartphone just for its good looking. You want the best bang for the buck. So I cant really really imagine you missed Chinese marketing experts claiming this phone has a "fast" octa Core SoC.

You are correct, there are a lot of casual users out there who have of course no technical background. But this is exactly here not the case. I expect he knows what the difference is between the 1x core and 8x core rankings.

In the end the app needs of course to be fixed. The point is just this wont happen, it would require an extra developer concentrating just on this app. We would need to develop an detection mechanism and afaik not even CPU-Z has something like this. And I highly doubt something like that would possible at all in the Linux world...

So it will be never bulletproof. Detection will never be as "safe" like it is on desktops.

My personal "wish" would be: Dont work against hwbot, work with us. (simply put) ;)

Hey Tasos, I didnt think I punished here anyone. AFAIK I just moved his submission. But dont you think your Golf example is a little bit off here?

We didnt take money for his submission nor do we harm the environment in any way. We are a community and as those we treat each other with respect. I really dont think that you buy a Chinese smartphone just for its good looking. You want the best bang for the buck. So I cant really really imagine you missed Chinese marketing experts claiming this phone has a "fast" octa Core SoC.

You are correct, there are a lot of casual users out there who have of course no technical background. But this is exactly here not the case. I expect he knows what the difference is between the 1x core and 8x core rankings.

In the end the app needs of course to be fixed. The point is just this wont happen, it would require an extra developer concentrating just on this app. We would need to develop an detection mechanism and afaik not even CPU-Z has something like this. And I highly doubt something like that would possible at all in the Linux world...

So it will be never bulletproof. Detection will never be as "safe" like it is on desktops.

My personal "wish" would be: Dont work against hwbot, work with us. (simply put) ;)

ok

Very simply put.

The VW Golf diesel , was just an example (and nothing more).

An example of someone not knowing the truth , so no one could blame him , (for not knowing) the exact ammount of emissions.

./

Now in this specific case.

ultraex2005 is an old member ... a very lowal , honest and trustworthy member of the Greek oc community.

He is very disappointed with this forum post.

He could probably make a mistake , in a submission , but never on purpose.

When you ... among hundreds of other false detected results (in Android hwbot prime) choose his submission , to make it forum public , claiming that he did this , to get 20GP ... then , that's called targeting.

and it's a kind of punishment.

Except if , i am wrong.

And you open such threads for every result that you are moderating.

or it could have been a wrong expression by your side , and it was not your intention to insult him , when talking about points.

P.S.

We are.

Working along side with hwbot to make it better.

Dont have a doubt about that.

:)

• Crew

Now in this specific case.

ultraex2005 is an old member ... a very lowal , honest and trustworthy member of the Greek oc community.

He is very disappointed with this forum post.

Well Im honestly sorry. Im just human too, I know this feels bad if I would be him.

There where maybe 10 more wrong subs in the single core global ranking. His result was just the one with highest points. In no way this was meant personal.

When you ... among hundreds of other false detected results (in Android hwbot prime) choose his submission , to make it forum public , claiming that he did this , to get 20GP ... then , that's called targeting.

Its no question made by accident. Or to be more precise, the app just couldnt handle his phone. But I made a mistake yesterday, my opinion was that he was aware of his phone, knowing it has an octa SoC. Then it was wrongly matched and it just stayed there without any action from him instead of making a comment or report it to the team. This was my personal opinion and as staff member I shouldnt made that public.

Atleast I have now the approval that he indeed using a Mlais M9: hwbot.org/submission/2782790_ultraex2005_cpu_frequency_mt6592m_1400mhz_728_mhz