HWBOT Community Forums

HWBOT Rev 7 info

Hi, I wanted to ask if HWBOT team could share some official info about what are you testing on UAT test page... So far, what you did is looking pretty good, and noticed a lot of changes, but would like to get some exact info about this changes so community can help to define this changes...

Also it would be great to see the 40 best HW points and 15 best global points tabs in the profile, since the only available now is the combined best 15.

P.D: Would liked to make this thread at new forum but seems my account isn't between the accounts you migrated.

Thanks!

Some changes I noticed so far:

2 Leagues:

- World league: Road to Pro, Top 10 comps, and 15 top scores (combining HW, Globals, and WR)

- Your league ranking (Enthusiast/Elite/Etc): Top 15 globals and WR + Top 40 HW (No comp)

Benchmarks giving and not giving points:

- According to CPU benchmarks page: SP1M, WPRIME 32M, Cinebench R11.5, HWBOT x265 Benchmark - 1080p, GB3 MC not giving more globals... GB4 MC and GB4 SC now giving globals

- According to GPU benchmarks page: 3DMark06 and Unigine Heaven not giving more globals... 3DM FSU, VRMark Orange Room and Catzilla 4K, now giving globals

- Memory Frequency now giving globals

Other changes

- Apparently the new 49,8 is 53,8 on 3D and 43 on 2D (saw some higher submissions but very particular like the 50HW points on the actual rev, including a 67,3HW points 3DM03)

- New global masters ranking

Edited by Alan_Alberino

• 1 month later...

I personally find it very demoralising that these changes keep happening, when I started benching I looked at where the goal posts were and set my targets accordingly then time after time new revisions have knocked me down, only once in 4 years have I moved upwards at one point I had over 1200 points after a revision I had over 200 points removed and knocked down in every category.

Why on a revision do all the places move around, all the places and points were gained under the current rules so why not those places and points stand and from the date of the revision then allocate the points to the new format?

I don't know how others think about this, even if I were to go upwards it is not good because I would have not earned that place, it's like changing the rules for the sake of it, which is not for the benefit of the members as a whole.

Edited by kimandsally

Old benchers in my Team have seen six revision changes. Is this your first too?

Each time champion efforts are reduced & scores are lessened.

You drop 14 places to #16 ... I drop about 32 places & dump 180 points #36 So what's fair hey?

If your gonna sit on top #2 with a big bunch of useless points & do next to nothing afterwards.

Those average 20 point scores are lost & in the new HWbot you have to search making 35 pointers.

It's a new beginning :)

How turbulent for these x2 members in the new HWbot

s30j82qmbaylphg6g.jpg

Old benchers in my Team have seen six revision changes. Is this your first too?

Each time champion efforts are reduced & scores are lessened.

You drop 14 places to #16 ... I drop about 32 places & dump 180 points #36 So what's fair hey?

If your gonna sit on top #2 with a big bunch of useless points & do next to nothing afterwards.

Those average 20 point scores are lost & in the new HWbot you have to search making 35 pointers.

It's a new beginning :)

How turbulent for these x2 members in the new HWbot

s30j82qmbaylphg6g.jpg

I have been through many revisions since 2007 and each time I have regrouped and got myself back up, I have no problem I can do it again but do I want to when the goal posts keep changing?

Over all the revisions I have dropped around 400 points and I forget how many places I have dropped.

I don't like this :

"If your gonna sit on top #2 with a big bunch of useless points & do next to nothing afterwards."

You know nothing of my circumstances this is THE only time I have not benched almost 7 days a week, I have had some time off for reasons I do not want to discuss on here.

What I don't like is that other benchers gain hundreds of places for doing nothing, I know of 2 members one of whom has not benched for 4 years yet moves up many places and another who has not benched for almost 2 years who will be in the top 20, how crazy is that?

I read the rules and play to them but when the rules keep changing I cannot understand why there is the need to do so?

I shall carry on and play to the new rules no problem for me but how many other good benchers will we lose this time? Every time this happens we lose members that is not good for HWBOT.

Edited by kimandsally

*snip *

I don't like this :

*snip*

What I don't like is that other benchers gain hundreds of places for doing nothing, I know of 2 members one of whom has not benched for 4 years yet moves up many places and another who has not benched for almost 2 years who will be in the top 20, how crazy is that?

Honestly no one cares. It's a bunch of useless points that you focus on for loss of standing/ rank. Only goal I enjoyed was #10 enthusiast.

The New HWbot is about " great points " NOT average points, these are lost. ;)

7djxu6bsytgvvbz6g.jpg

Mat Agnesi rises to #1 on some older hardware. But still great scores & lots of cups.

I don't do sad or jealous, those emotions are wasted. Happy or angry sure.

edit. Shock to me loss of points & dropping rank, all of about 1x second. Enthusiastic to gain back that ground. Effort is reward

Looks to be a shift to 3D benching & I gladly welcome it. Too long have we all grown fat on XTU junk bench.

New challenges ahead & more to do 2018.

Edited by Guest

Mat Agnesi rises to #1 on some older hardware. But still great scores & lots of cups.

I don't do sad or jealous, those emotions are wasted. Happy or angry sure.

edit. Shock to me loss of points & dropping rank, all of about 1x second. Enthusiastic to gain back that ground. Effort is reward

Looks to be a shift to 3D benching & I gladly welcome it. Too long have we all grown fat on XTU junk bench.

New challenges ahead & more to do 2018.

I think I have come over wrong here, I'm not moaning that is a useless emotion I try not to do.

I fully get what you mean about XTU I am guilty of that, it was a bench I wanted to be good at, I also like 3DM06 and 2001SE and most of the others that I need to learn about.

This year it is time to get the soldering iron out and sort my GPU's as you say lots of points with old hardware.

What get's me is why the constant reviews why not have a major one say every 5 years? And send out a PM to all members so they can't miss an opportunity to contribute what they feel.

This is a great community and this revision will result in some members leaving which is sad but true it happens at every revision.

Revision 6 is more than 3 years old. :) It does not change that often.

I think I am confused here? I thought a revision was done either in 2017 or late 2016, and another in 2015?

Would you have the dates or the revisions please?

Maybe as I've been on HWBOT since Jan 2007 I have the dates mixed up??

Edited by kimandsally

There is concern that long standing members efforts will be diluted. Hardware Masters, beyond massive time input.

Change & upheaval. Revision 7 so we move forward & adapt.

So you move up in the ranks, what incentive is there to bench hard any more? You already have big scores.

Maybe you run another part & gain x2 points. Alot of effort right & you have to do it each time better to improve overall.

In a way it's reward. Gone are the average score that held you back. Now you have a chance to explore truly great scores.

HWbot listened ... more even I think. It's a treasure hunt basically, bringing back excitement.

____

Haha XTU that cruel thing keeps you chained to the bench ... waiting hoping preying that a score will bounce by x1 digit

just so your tired start pc finger can rest for the night. How long is enough? Hours? Days? Longer? Just Junk ...

No I'm not a fan you guessed by now on that time waster!

3D2001se that's a hell of a lot of fun. Individual tests. One of the classics

I think I am confused here? I thought a revision was done either in 2017 or late 2016, and another in 2015?

Would you have the dates or the revisions please?

Maybe as I've been on HWBOT since Jan 2007 I have the dates mixed up??

Rev 6 came out in 2014 and didn't changed point system against Rev 5, only changed competitions now happening out of HWBOT in OC Esports site...