HWBOT Community Forums

New fix implemented to prevent submitting scores with incorrect core count

Strunkenbold

• Crew

Some of you may already noticed that for some sockets the possibility to submit with more than one CPU disappeared.

The background is that we had a lot of subs with incorrect core count.
Some users probably got confused by the field and thought they have to enter their core count in the first field. Of course our Hardware Database already knows which core count your CPU has (except the maintainer made a mistake), so you dont have to do this.
This resulted in dual cores appeared in quad core ranking or quad cores appeared in 16 core ranking.

Like a Core i7 4770k entered as 4x was suddenly making a appearance in the sixteen core Global Points ranking for Cinebench R15 and of course, scored a gold cup for the hardware ranking.

To solve this we implemented a function to prevent selecting multiple CPUs once you choose a CPU which only works with single socket systems. The only exceptions are sockets like LGA2011, LGA2011-3 which can host single Desktop CPUs as well as Dual Xeons. If you spot such submissions please report.

Frederik ran a query to automatically move all wrong results back to their actually meant ranking, which affected almost 10k results.

Unfortunately  due to a bug not all subs got catched. I still see a lot of XTU results appearing in the wrong ranking. But I think its still a step in the right direction.

DeepinBildschirmfoto_20180823113944.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 4 weeks later...