HWBOT Community Forums

8700k temperature issue

HI folks,

I have problem with my 8700k. 

Month ago I bench 8700k on Ln2 and everything fished good. This time I use Kingpin cooling inferno. Yesterday start this system on water on CPU temperature is too high about 60c in idle and 85c in load GB3 with 1.25V and 5Ghz on watercooling. Several times i change paste under IHS. Looks like only bug in thermal probe in CPU because IMC work good with memory IMC on that temperature work with memory 2200 12 11 11 Gb3.

Any experience similar issue?

Bug or CPU go on way without back :/

Edited by d0minat0r

3 hours ago, d0minat0r said:

HI folks,

I have problem with my 8700k. 

Month ago I bench 8700k on Ln2 and everything fished good. This time I use Kingpin cooling inferno. Yesterday start this system on water on CPU temperature is too high about 60c in idle and 85c in load GB3 with 1.25V and 5Ghz on watercooling. Several times i change paste under IHS. Looks like only bug in thermal probe in CPU because IMC work good with memory IMC on that temperature work with memory 2200 12 11 11 Gb3.

Any experience similar issue?

Bug or CPU go on way without back :/

I had the same experience, but i dunno what board you used.

On maximus Gene XI the Ln2 switch on my board is defective and Ln2 mode stay enabled continuosly. You can set the voltages manual if the switch doens't work anymore for you too.