HWBOT Community Forums

Maxon CinebenchR23

Leeghoofd

Maxon Cinebench R23 Benchmark poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Cinebench R23 Benchmark poll

• Add Cinebench R23 and run it default (10 mins)
    • Add Cinebench R23 and turn off minimum test duration
    • Add Cinebench R23 and customize the test duration to eg 5 minutes
    • No not another Cinebench, plz skip

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2020 at 8:48 AM, _mat_ said:

To get the ball rolling here as well:

While analyzing CINEBENCH R23 I had an idea. It seems like none of us want to embrace a new benchmark that brings nearly the same workload and result image as its predecessor. So why don't we customize a workload to our needs?

Ladies and gentlemen, this could be the CINEBENCH R23 - HWBOT Edition:

1. Let's make the workload HWBOT themed. There are these great renderings from somebody here for various competitions!
  2. We can roughly define the length of the benchmark, its memory consumption (for better tweaking with MAXMEM) and its heat production
  3. We let BenchMate secure it for us, so that nobody can touch the scene (this is very much necessary for all CINEBENCH versions btw)

cb-test.thumb.png.e4e56f0569a5c57e8b8b7857350f010b.png

What you see in the picture: The first run was with the original CB R20. It took about 1 minute and 5 seconds, needed 2 GB of process memory and got the CPU to 73 °C. Second run was with a demo scene I prepared to work with CINEBENCH. It took exactly 2 minutes, only needed 1 GB and reached 76 °C in the end. This is on a 10700K - 8C/16T @ 4,7G.

Let me know what you think!

My FB post: https://www.facebook.com/matthias.zronek/posts/10157528951688199
Demo scene credits: https://www.thepixellab.net/freebies

I appreciate all the efforts you put in _mat_ i am though not positive to have modded benchmarks. First because of copyright that will lead to issues (geek being out because it cant be in legal matters. Secondly because then even the ranking shown in the bencher itself becomes irrelevant. Thirdly because then its even more difficult to stay in sync with versions that should be used. While we can use Benchmate we should not be tied in so we cant just run the benchmark software itself without additional workload. then if Benchmate is the scoring platform in the end selected it should be absolutely without any optimizations (except PRiority/Affinity)  as it does detract to suddenly have a ramdisk in there for one benchmark. What other modifications are then done that might make the result incomparable with running the bencher on its own.

Maybe it would be possible to ask Maxon to simply add a default hwbot render/time option as a default for the crowd here.

• Thanks 1