HWBOT Community Forums

WTB - CPU MOBO & RAM

Nathanial

20 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

Well just hang on to that X58 setup for a bit longer, there's only a few more months more to cover...

I know right. There's no problems in terms of gaming all on ultra/ extreme settings it's just I can't bare the loading times off this damn HDD I'm using temporarily, and knowing I have a 1tb Wester digital gen4 m.2 in the drawer boxed ready to go is killing me. ? Any rough ideas on AM5 CPU pricing?

• Crew

Just buy yourself a 240-500gb ssd, that should speed up things, buying a new temporary setup is just a waste of cash. 

Cpus will be 8n the same price range, boards are usually the pricey parts at launch. Plus Intel will release 13th gen a few months later .  Prices for Am5 will get influenced for sure at that launch. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2022 at 11:03 PM, Nathanial said:

I know right. There's no problems in terms of gaming all on ultra/ extreme settings it's just I can't bare the loading times off this damn HDD I'm using temporarily, and knowing I have a 1tb Wester digital gen4 m.2 in the drawer boxed ready to go is killing me. ? Any rough ideas on AM5 CPU pricing?

you can simply use a pcie to m.2 adapter, it will be pcie 2.0 x4 but still far better from an HDD