• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is it possible to change the bios, so it switches to CSM mode automatically when non-uefi VGA is used?

Currently, if for some reason the bios resets or fails to train it's a dead end. The card does not post anymore (d6 code) and I can't enter BIOS unless I switch to a uef-enabled VGA, which obviously is a pain. On the GTX580 I can't even add a GOP driver to the VGA bios as the resulting file doesn't fit in the bios flash chip.

I remember that working on my other board, but with a way older bios. It also works on the B550 Unify-X board - it's d6 at first, but then it restarts itself and POSTs in CSM mode.

I know benching 3D (especially legacy) on AM5 is not ideal, but that's what I have.

PS: I tried to modify the setup options myself, but it seems defaults for CSM is enforced by nvram defaults and the changes I make in the setup menu are ignored. I don't have the knowledge to continue with this.

Edit: I've managed to mod the bios so the failsafe default is CSM. Linked is the modded 2101 bios.

Extract the included CAP file to a FAT32 formatted flash drive and flash via flashback function of the board.

ROG-CROSSHAIR-X670E-GENE-ASUS-2101-CSM.zip (Google Drive)

Caution: Don't blame me if it doesn't work, I don't really know what I'm doing, but it worked for me :D

Edited by I.nfraR.ed
  • Thanks 1