HWBOT Community Forums

Motherboard recommendations for Core 2 Duo/quad OCing

Lunamoth

Hey all, first post here...

I have some Core 2 Duos laying around that I hope to attempt OCing them at some point. E7500, E7600, and E8600. What would be some decent OCing boards I can get without breaking the bank on let's say, Ebay?

Thanks for the insight. :)

Have no idea of budget, so general help.

Hardware/Motherboards/Intel/LGA775/Chipsets (X38/X48/P45), search Ebay based on board name and popularity to find something based on budget.

Personally, like Asus X38/48 boards for Core Due and Kentfield, Gigabyte P45 for Yorkfield. DDR2 variants show up more often than DDR3 boards and the latter can come at a much higher price point if available at all. P45 would be a better all around, GA-EP45-UD3P/UD3R, DDR3 variants EP45T.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Aleslammer said:

Have no idea of budget, so general help.

Hardware/Motherboards/Intel/LGA775/Chipsets (X38/X48/P45), search Ebay based on board name and popularity to find something based on budget.

Personally, like Asus X38/48 boards for Core Due and Kentfield, Gigabyte P45 for Yorkfield. DDR2 variants show up more often than DDR3 boards and the latter can come at a much higher price point if available at all. P45 would be a better all around, GA-EP45-UD3P/UD3R, DDR3 variants EP45T.

Thank you for your insight!

I have an appreciation for Asus motherboards, and I happen to have a boatload of DDR3 memory laying around. I will look into the Gigabyte board you suggested, too.