HWBOT Community Forums

GIGABYTE Z790 Aorus Tachyon

On 4/25/2024 at 4:23 PM, sergmann said:

I have tested on Z790 Tachyon X with X1a, X7p and X7r, everything works fine with 14900ks. Zarok77 is also with 14900ks on his Tachyon without problems. Also on Z790 non X everything is fine with it.

If you are on non X board, F3 Bios is pretty old, I would try new bios for KS

last one is 2 days old with better support for 14900KS
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z790-AORUS-TACHYON-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

official bios versions for Tachyon X

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z790-AORUS-TACHYON-X/support#support-dl-bios

It was the board itself,thanks :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2024 at 9:28 PM, Yuchi said:

Yo guys, is someone selling a binned z790 tachyon in EU ? I would like to get one, still with warranty if possible.

Binned Tachyon? Why? They work all on the same level, for Gear4 you can have small differences but for Gear2 they are all same.

Non X board is hard to find, maybe here on marktplace or ebay, but TachyonX is still available in different shops

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Rulos-Magicos said:

I need to enable avx-512 in a z790 aorus elite X ax. Did you find any method? (I have old 12th with avx512 and building a retrograming set)

Hello, you have to replace MCU on your bien by 015 version to be able to enable avx512.

you can do it using MMtool and MCU file on HWbot discord

@sergmann and @Vertex_FR thank you, I was able to patch and avx-512 is ON! But I have no AVX-512 offset or any option at the bios related to avx-512, could be hidden strings?

I can see only 2 strings in bios editor

I have a downbin when I use avx-512 workloads, is there any way to block the core frequency during avx-512 or to recover/insert avx-512 options strings?

what is hidde.jpg

what is showed.png

• 1 month later...