HWBOT Community Forums

pro - Core i7 2600K @ 5600MHz - 43116 marks PCMark 2005

topdog

Guest subzero

nice score pro :)

i think video encoding is too high

im playing with 360 mbs os with fine tuning

i have try different codecs(microsoft) and tweaks and i cant to have high this video encoding.

trasparent windows is alpha blend cpu, best i have manage is 8600 but 12k?what a special tweak

Edited by subzero

• Crew

ill make you a deal stelaras, im a very fair and honest guy

i will make a video, and post it on youtube for all to see of my transparent windows.. if hwbot staff think im cheating or doing anything wrong.. ill leave hwbot and xs forever, youll never hear from me again..

but if they think i am doing nothing wrong, YOU will leave hwbot and xs forever, and ill leave hear from you again?

what do you say? should i get the video camera out? do we have a deal?

James , i think you misunderstood my comment . Did i say you have cheated ????

I'm sure you can make this score again . No need for video taping . What makes me wonder is that there are 5 people who can make so high transparent and video encoding scores . It seems they know some tweaks and can do it .

My comment was just because : Your video is around 300-400 higher than the normal scores . Transparent is around 3000 higher than the usual scores .

Edited by Stelaras

• Crew

you didn't say i cheated, but you implied i am doing something wrong and not "normal", what is normal? subzero's score? or is my score normal? what even is normal?

yes there is something for transparent windows, its not even a tweak though, its just ridiculous,

im not going to be bullied into giving out every tweak because someone says "there is something wrong with your transparent windows", i will SHOW what im doing to prove it, but if you want me to show, then someone else needs a consequence for calling me out, do you understand?

you can't just keep calling me out every time i do something you don't understand and expect me to hand it over with a smile on my face..

With my limited knowledge I can't tell if this score is real or not, but how are we supposed to moderate this benchmark? Not even the hardcore guys who ran this bench a million times agree on what's a reasonable score in the different subtests and what's not:o

I don't know what's the best thing to do with this benchmark, but if 12k transparent and 32 pages/s is considered OK, then it means that anyone who can post similar scores probably did it in a way that's accepted by us. The only way we can figure out if an illegal tweak was used is to look at the numbers in the screenshots. 12k is 12k for everyone, if we accept it as a legit result, then it means that people who cheat (browser change?) and get 12k won't get punished. On the other hand, removing a fair score is kinda not a good idea either.

This benchmark is messed up!:(

you didn't say i cheated, but you implied i am doing something wrong and not "normal", what is normal? subzero's score? or is my score normal? what even is normal?

yes there is something for transparent windows, its not even a tweak though, its just ridiculous,

im not going to be bullied into giving out every tweak because someone says "there is something wrong with your transparent windows", i will SHOW what im doing to prove it, but if you want me to show, then someone else needs a consequence for calling me out, do you understand?

you can't just keep calling me out every time i do something you don't understand and expect me to hand it over with a smile on my face..

Then i have to apology because it seems the way i wrote it was not good . I explained before what the issue was but you took it the wrong way.

Subzero score seems on par with the majority of scores . Maybe the web page rendering is a bit high , but i can't say until i test it myself and see some runs from other people .

When you see the 99% of scores and the subtest at the same clocks are very close , it's for sure not normal to see a few scores with high subtest results.

I don't have any reason not to believe that the transparent tweak is normal if hwbot staff say it's OK .

What i believe it must be done is set some kind of borders/limits to the subtests . The truth is that few people know how to properly tweak pcmark and you are one of them for sure . We should all bench at same settings as with every other benchmarks .

What i would like to see from the hwbot staff is to give some rules on what is allowed or not .

For example , can we change the video encoding resolution or not ? Can we adjust the video encoding filters or not ? The codec ??

Can we adjust the visual settings or not ? etc etc ...

I'll tell you again . I'm not telling that you cheated . And please explain this : "you can't just keep calling me out every time i do something you don't understand and expect me to hand it over with a smile on my face..

"

When did i write a bad comment in the past regarding a score of yours ??? Please give a link . Feel free to check the Greek forums and see it yourself .

He even know how to do 2x better video encoding score, but he didn't do it.

I have read some ways to do this with WMV powertoy and registry settings . But, is it acceptable by hwbot and futuremark ??

Edited by Stelaras

I have read some ways to do this with WMV powertoy and registry settings . But, is it acceptable by hwbot and futuremark ??

powertoy not allowed,

regarding the registry, seems not disallowed (to enable more than one thread)

But yeah we really need to define what is allowed and what is not, I already proposed a rework of the rules ;)

Edited by Christian Ney

• Crew

i just wanted to clear something up that almost everyone has a misconception about,

in the past there was alot of hoo-hay about browser changing... yes i changed browser, and i changed it BACK to IE 5.5, it gave a boost,

these days IE 9 is the best,

if you want to use opera or firefox its POSSIBLE but its alot of work and the yield is worse than IE 9..

so as far as i know, of course there could be 100 other browsers that are better, IE 9 is the best and thats what everyone is using..

also the video/audio encoding, YES its possible to change codec, but it only makes your score go backwards, i was never changing codecs, it was always simple registry based changes,

i hope we all understand this, pcmark is a simple benchmark, focussed on storage, but with alot of fine tuning available, things like os choice, driver choice, driver configuration and level of microsoft updates are all very important..

lets just get rid of the bickering and get back to the benching in this genuinely FUN hdd based bench!

• Crew

misplaced my raid controller, so thought i should give it a go with ICH and some old school i-rams..

fancy that, i can in 2nd place to myself, holy moly, i thought raid controller was worth 3.5k?, seems i had no idea what i was doing...

42691.jpg

Guest subzero

YES transparent is just ridiculus pro

now im search to max out ie9

nice score with ich :)

i love this game :)

Edited by subzero