HWBOT Community Forums

wanted: vrm heatsink for Maximus II Formula

To make a long story short, a long time ago, I dropped a cpu in the socket of my MIIF and it bent up some pins, so I figured the board was a gonner. I put it on a shelf to use for parts. I ended up removing one of the VRM heatsinks from the board and used it on a video card, and ended up misplacing the heatsink I removed. Later on, I was diagnosing a buddy's computer to see if his cpu was fried. At the time, the only board I had available to even try was the maximus II formula, so I pulled it down off the shelf, got out an exacto blade and magnifying glass and bent the pins back. I put the cpu in and it posted no problem. Now I want to put the board back in commission, but I can't because one of the vrm heatsinks is gone. :(

I was hoping someone here may have a dead maximus II Formula laying around that may be able to help me out with the part I need, or a suggestion to replace it with another similar part that would let me put this thing back in use.