HWBOT Community Forums

Big bug in "edit" function!

SoF

Hey hwbot-crew,

I had this some time ago but couldn't figure it out correctly but now I seem to finally found the bug. When you edit 2 results at the same time the server goes nuts and you either loose the scores completely but can't enter them again (tells you you already have it) or it will do very strange things (like a different chip description and such thing ^^).

Could you please have a look into that? For the moment I try to figure out how to get my results in there again as I get following errors:

6asfi2xc.png

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadException: Processing of multipart/form-data request failed. Read timed out

org.apache.struts.upload.CommonsMultipartRequestHandler.handleRequest(CommonsMultipartRequestHandler.java:202)

org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.populate(RequestUtils.java:442)

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processPopulate(RequestProcessor.java:816)

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:203)

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:710)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

org.hwbot.web.filter.TermsAndConditionsFilter.doFilter(TermsAndConditionsFilter.java:50)

org.displaytag.filter.ResponseOverrideFilter.doFilter(ResponseOverrideFilter.java:125)

org.hwbot.web.filter.PostRequestEncodingFilter.doFilter(PostRequestEncodingFilter.java:37)

org.hwbot.web.filter.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:38)

org.hwbot.web.filter.CookieFilter.doFilter(CookieFilter.java:180)

org.hwbot.web.filter.ResponseHeaderFilter.doFilter(ResponseHeaderFilter.java:29)

root cause

org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadException: Processing of multipart/form-data request failed. Read timed out

org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase.parseRequest(FileUploadBase.java:429)

org.apache.struts.upload.CommonsMultipartRequestHandler.handleRequest(CommonsMultipartRequestHandler.java:193)

org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.populate(RequestUtils.java:442)

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processPopulate(RequestProcessor.java:816)

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:203)

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:710)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

org.hwbot.web.filter.TermsAndConditionsFilter.doFilter(TermsAndConditionsFilter.java:50)

org.displaytag.filter.ResponseOverrideFilter.doFilter(ResponseOverrideFilter.java:125)

org.hwbot.web.filter.PostRequestEncodingFilter.doFilter(PostRequestEncodingFilter.java:37)

org.hwbot.web.filter.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:38)

org.hwbot.web.filter.CookieFilter.doFilter(CookieFilter.java:180)

org.hwbot.web.filter

These are the results I need to enter again (I lost them totally for the moment and that after 2 weeks of pushing hard to see me up there in the rankings - that kinda sucks big time ^^)

k8ypsntz.jpg vpqoxwen.png

Edited by SoF

Yes, that's indeed a known issue. It's a timeconsuming thing to fix though, due to the framework we use.

The only thing I might do in the time we have is not allowing to edit multiple submissions at once.

your quick reply is really appreciated. it is always better to not allow things that cause errors if the function is not really necessary. I wouldn't have done it but I was sooooo in a rush after 4 days straight benching on stage ;) more infos in bench sessions :cool:

Add them and put some chars in the description field ;) That fixed some "duplicate" issues before.

thanks good hint :) that (or a server update) fixed it.