HWBOT Community Forums

3 questions

Fabi

The Gulftown has 3 frequencies (2.4 GHz / 3.07 GHz and will be released to 3.33 Ghz), all are classified as i7980X?

It will be a new category for Gulftown to wPrime, or The Global points will be together with the i7?

If you post results before the processor is released, the points that I will not be added now.

Do i have to post them again after the launch, or they will automatically scoring points after being added?

Thanks for all ;)

• Crew
It will be a new category for Gulftown to wPrime, or The Global points will be together with the i7?
In Rev.3 the Global points will be split by #CPU_core. So the Gulftowns get into 6-core rankings.
The Gulftown has 3 frequencies (2.4 GHz / 3.07 GHz and will be released to 3.33 Ghz), all are classified as i7980X?
ES are being published in the same category that their specs belong to. If there are no Gulftowns working on 2.4 / 3.07 as a mass product, then there will be only one category, the 3.33. And as the ES specs do not exceed the production ones - I don't see a problem publish them in the 3.33 category.

If you post results before the processor is released, the points that I will not be added now.

Do i have to post them again after the launch, or they will automatically scoring points after being added?

- When the Gulftown is launched, we'll have a look at how to make categories.

- Gulftown = 6 cores => 6x category; Current Core i7 = 4 cores => 4x category

- Not automatically, but we'll do it manually.

One more thing;

SPi 32M will be a multi thread bench or keep the same scores than SPi 1M

Thanks again ;)

SuperPI is single threaded, so 1M and 32M will only have one global ranking.