HWBOT Community Forums

Unlockable GTX465

But unlockable GTX465 look like GTX470 as well- same PCB, 2 extra memory chips :(

LOL... the one I have my eye on doesn't even have the stock cooler, so even less evidence of 465

Alternative random idea: not many submissions with 465.....combine with 470 and make a category with big hardware points? Easier to moderate, more people take an interest in Fermi/ Ebay :P

Edited by K404

You can even flash it to 470 and keep the 465 ID so...

If that is possible, the problem is much smaller :)

And I guess you can flash a 470 too and make it looks like 465 in the screenshot.

Would that involve photoshopping the screenshot? If so, it's the same as any other photoshopping offence if the user is caught...... punishment is ban?

I'm sure this is a controversial thing to say/admit, but I've tried to find cheats so I knew what accusations/suggestions were feasible and how they changed the benchmark. I've never been able to change a GPU ID by itself. I can change vendor ID though.

Maybe it's possible to do with easily available software. I dunno.

If the standard 465 unlock is to flash with a 470 BIOS, maybe having a 470 spec with a 465 devide ID would look...... unusual? :) Maybe a custom unlock BIOS has got that implemented for validation. Again.... I dunno :)