HWBOT Community Forums

4850 Vs 3D06. Terrible score. Advice please!

K404

I use Elmors SetLOD utility.

I'll disable Cat A.I. when i'm benching tonight, thanks :)

Vista is on the list too. I checked the 4850 + 4870 leaderboards.... I copied the most successful driver + OS combo from the top 10. :D (9.12, XP was the clear winner)

Is -65 ok for ATI 4-series? :)

Everything else "felt" fine during the session. 3D03 + 05 scores were fine for the MHz. Memory clocks were 1145 for all. They're Qimonda :(

Do people use LOD with these cards? Is there a setting i've missed to get it to work for 3D06? :)

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate them. I'm an ATI noob :D

hd4850-3dm06-9.12.jpg

Tried 9.4 as well, but score is about the same.

CPU is stable and when I lower vga mem or gpu fps go lower accordingly, so it's not unstable clocks either.

VGPU is 1.55V; mem is Qimonda, but not voltmodded yet (I'm out of suitable trimmers); LOD = 4.

OS is XP SP2, gonna try SP3 and Seven tomorrow.

VGA on air, cpu on water.

Score seems low for the clocks, more like I'm running 860-870MHz on the gpu...

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

I usually go up to 1.7V on air/water if the card can take it (however needs cold) :P This one has some potential 980MHz-1GHz air, but there's some more work on it. 1220MHz on the ram is good for Qimonda without voltmod, most of them reach 1100-1150 stock. Best is Samsung 0.8ns, easily 1300+ with a little more voltage.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

I got my "best" score with disabled A.I. and LOD. I'm doing this all wrong, aren't I? :D

My 3D06 has ALWAYS been bad with ATI. Some people quietly suggest using an older build of 3D06, with system info changed as necessary. Maybe that's part of my problem

• 1 month later...

Guys, is there any trick for the HD4800 cards in GT1? I have tried 4870s, 4890s and also a HD4870 x2 under XP32 with various drivers, but GT1 always has a crappy score. My X2 score is this: http://img.hwbot.org/u30561/image_id_884007.jpeg

GT1 I cannot have above 95 fps, whereas having checked other scores, it should be around 105-107 fps on those clocks.

Any advice?