HWBOT Community Forums

ASUS Maximus III GENE - BCLK help please! :)

Guest TheMadDutchDude

Guest TheMadDutchDude

Hey HWBot forumites,

I'm trying to get my board stable with a little i3 530 for now and I'm running into issues. This board will be used for many other CPUs but I am starting off with this one due to budget reasons.

I've got 225 BCLK stable with a low RAM speed (1350MHz) and the CPU is on a 13x multi. I'm doing this to avoid any speed related issues as I am running on a stock cooler for now until something more substantial turns up in the post next week. Temperatures are not an issue as far as I am aware due to the low clock speeds, but I do realise that it *should* perform better under the cold stuff... I can't get the RAM to run with a 1:8 ratio which it should manage without an issue I would've thought.

Anyway, I was wondering if you lovely lot would be able to help me to achieve my 1600MHz + RAM as it is pathetic running at 1300MHz when I have a 2200MHz 7-9-7 capable set of RAM. It is a set of G.SKILL RipJaws 1600MHz 7-7-7-24 with BBSE RAM chips I believe. Tested previously by my K404 so I know they're capable.

My settings are as follows:

CPU Ratio: 13x

BCLK: 225MHz

DRAM: 1350MHz (1:6) - looking for 1:8

QPI Frequency: 5401MHz

(I've never messed with these, I need to learn what they do!)

CPU Clock Amplitude: Auto

PCH Clock Amplitude: Auto

CPU Clock Skew: Auto

PCH Clock Skew: Auto

Full Phase Control: Full Phase

Load-Line Calibration: Enabled

CPU Voltage: 1.25v

CPU PLL Voltage: 1.7v (tried between 1.6 and 1.8)

IMC Voltage: 1.325v (all the way up to 1.55v)

PCH Voltage: 1.18v

Can anyone offer any assistance here?

Guest TheMadDutchDude

BUMP.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

I've searched everywhere and cannot find the slow function. I don't think that it is on this board. I've never even heard of it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TheMadDutchDude

Thanks for the replies guys. Sorry about forgetting about this one!

I've managed to get a different CPU now and it seems to work a bit better. I've not hit the FSB wall yet but it does run with a full multi and does much higher on the RAM too. I think the 530 was a duff chip.

I will report back if I get stuck again. I'm still looking for the slow QPI setting though!

Guest TheMadDutchDude

There sure is, Basco. However, there's no "slow mode" unless I am looking for the wrong thing. I've chosen the lowest multi (4800MHz @200BCLK) but it can't go lower than that.

Guest TheMadDutchDude

Possibly. Either way, the 530 was a dud chip. I got a 550 to replace it with and it flew to 240 BCLK without stopping which meant the QPI was at around 6000MHz before it hit a wall. I think it needs cold to get higher than that.

Guest TheMadDutchDude

Thank you for that, CL! I will be getting this chip cold soon hopefully. I need to buy a few others to make it worthwhile first, though.