HWBOT Community Forums

2P & 4P sets using mismatched core count

just noticed this and need advice. i'm about to attempt an opteron setup using mismatched chips. i'm pretty sure i can do it but before i make an attempt i had a look at the sub options and noticed i can't choose core count.

so, if i want to use a pair of opteron 6128s (8 core) and a pair of 6180s (12 core) for a 40 core sub, how would i go through the submission page?

You select the CPU with the higher core no. multiplied by total no. of chips inside (irrespective of the fact that 2 of the CPUs have lesser no. of cores)

No, we don't do it that way - for example, 4870 + 4870x2 goes into the 3x4870 category (instead of 4x, as if 2 4870x2's were used - which happens if your logic applies). The best ranking for my subs would be a 20 core Opteron 6170 ranking (total number of cores of best performing CPU - in my case an ES with Opteron 6170 specs - but sadly no such ranking exists.

I've added a helpcenter ticket for Turrican to add generic 10 and 20 core CPU rankings. That should solve everything, I guess. Hopefully he doesn't think it's too weird - then we're stuck with the current situation.

No, we don't do it that way - for example, 4870 + 4870x2 goes into the 3x4870 category (instead of 4x, as if 2 4870x2's were used - which happens if your logic applies). The best ranking for my subs would be a 20 core Opteron 6170 ranking (total number of cores of best performing CPU - in my case an ES with Opteron 6170 specs - but sadly no such ranking exists.

I've added a helpcenter ticket for Turrican to add generic 10 and 20 core CPU rankings. That should solve everything, I guess. Hopefully he doesn't think it's too weird - then we're stuck with the current situation.

Ah true I did not think from that perspective.

whilst i have the attension of a few big players i'm getting mixed answers to another question - whilst having a play with opteron atm are last gen es permitted in xoc (espically as they are available on ebay / eula etc ignored). or are all es cpus for pro oc league only?

tyvm in advance.