HWBOT Community Forums

Voltage

• 1 month later...
What is causing the instability? If it's a temperature related issue, more voltage is not going to help.

(ps: moving this to the right subforum)

Its not tempurature related, I'm watercooled both cpu and gpu. Max temp i've reached was 51c via HWinfo, also HWmonitor.

Components;

msi 990xa-gd55 motherboard

EVGA GTX 580 gpu

Corsair Vengeance Pro Series DDr3 1600mhz 2 x 4gb ram 9-9-9-24 timings.

Cooler Master 750 watt power supply

Sandisk Extreme 128gb SSD

I can play games with it and use it at 4300mhz and about 1.4v but it fails prime95. I dont know what the factory CPU-NB voltage is so I left it alone. Only raised v-core. Thx appreciate the help.

VRM temps I'm assuming are fine (is less then the cpu itself). CPU-NB is at 2200, HT-link is 2600. The board doesnt like to go above 1866mhz on the memory, even though it says it supports 2133mhz. Plus I wouldn't know where to set voltages for higher CPU-NB settings and HT-link if I increase the FSB. Although is says Ht link is safe up to 3200mhz, but I dont even know the stock voltage on that so I wouldnt know where to start. Plus I don't know if HTlink CPU-NB and memory should all be raised equally via the FSB. The memory timings autoadjust to the frequency of the memory. Right now their 9-9-9-24 at 1600mhz. I've just seen other overclockers be able to keep stable at above 4500 and wondering how. Cooling is not an issue.