HWBOT Community Forums

How do you get Xfire working in Catzilla with R290X

8 Pack

Use LGA 2011 Plattform and make sure the driver is installed correctly * Any driver will do , I just found out I had bad installation with other drivers * after installation reboot a couple of times to make sure CF is working , also check your ULPS for both cards are disable ,fiddle with the settings in ccc. Good Luck.

Kind regards: Angelo

Edited by chispy

Is it not working on Z87 then??? Why?? I tried that driver still not working.

My best guess is a driver related issue :confused:, I cannot get it to run and score correctly in Z87 neither for Catzilla , I tried and tried, CF it never worked/Scale properly on my Z87 OC Formula or M6E for Catzilla , it is active yes , But I got negative scaling and score was abysmal low , and and I did tried all the drivers available one by one. On the other hand , it works flawlessly on X79 Asus RIVB :) and CF scale properly wih very high score. I do not know exactly why , but I had the same experience as you with CF and Z87 running Catzilla. It is what it is , I do not have all the answers , I am just sharing my own experiences with you :D.

8 Pack , try what I already wrote ( Use LGA 2011 only ) , CCC settings have to be set correctly this is a must for a good score , any driver will do as I just found out I had * bad installations on some drivers * after re-testing it last night ,so make sure to use DDU or driver cleaner and CCleaner while changing drivers to make sure is installed correctly while running CF. Also you need to run the benchmark not once but 2 or more times in a row to get crossfire working and detected correctly without closing the bench in order for Catzilla to detect CF correctly ,or as the good fellow overclocker The Mutt posted start the bench abort mid run of the bench and hit run again , once the bench has properly engaged CF your scores will be normal , I thought you already tried this in your testing as this applies to other 3Ds benchmarks also. Good Luck 8 Pack and I hope you get CF working ,just keep at it ,I know you will nail it and all the Globals on this benchmark will fall :D ,you can thank me later.

Regards: Angelo

Edited by chispy