HWBOT Community Forums

FlashG - Radeon HD 4850 GDDR3 @ 1110/1405MHz - 15051 marks 3DMark Vantage - Performance

poparamiro

I have an aquarium chiller in my water circuit (the second red loop you can see in the pic). Brings the temps down to 4C under right conditions, plus ducted AC cooling the rest of the card... but cooling temps always above zero. Overvolted with a shonky pencil volt mod, it runs pretty well. I'm not happy with the pencil volt mod so I'm working on hard volt mods now. I'll re-run when I can..

You get some pretty good runs on Air, with some of your GPU temps lower in your runs than I can get with chilled water. What's your secret?

Best,

FlashG

Guest TheMadDutchDude

I don't really see why not. I can get ~930MHz out of my two 5850s on the stock cooler and stock voltages. They never go above 60c.

Nice run, regardless. :)

I have no problem with 4 oC chiller, i have no secret, just water cooled to above 0 oC by ambient.

Just rerun and show everything like in my video (especialy GPU freq and temp on AFB monitoring). It not have to be exactly the same freq

4 oC water means about 20 oC max on load, at ~ 1.5v

I hope you are not upset by my request, but 1110 mhz with 4850 at ~ 20 oC gpu temp is unbilievable.

I was ask to film a lot o my results, and of course i do it, but no one was that incredible as your 1110mhz 4850.

Best regards

Aquarium chillers don't go below 4C. I don't have sub- zero outside temps to help with my water loop or air cooling so none of my runs are sub-zero. You may have full volt modded cards but if the loop is at room temp, they won't do well. It took me almost a full day to get that run, and even then the temps only came together in the evening. I will re-run when I can.

Best,

FlashG

does´t matter what kind of chiller do use ...that is a extreme cooling solution , even you cooling with + degresse.

extreme cooling - cooling that is NOT dependent of ambient temperature.

so in this case you have a refrigerant compressor inside with a refrigerant gass ( mostly specifical for that usual chiller - R134A gass) ...so the compressor cooling your water loop constantly at that temperature that you will set from electronic thermostat...., if you moded that chiller and splint directly off the thermostat( put directly compressor on AC without thermostat temp controler) ...you will be able to cooling under sub0 ... (R134A can do ~ -26.2*C( boiled point) )

Edited by nachtfalke

I know vga's like my own pocket, i know what and how they scale, i know voltages and everything about them.

I can not be fooled to believe (only with very solid proofs) that with normal water the board goes 980mhz and with water at 4 oC 1110mhz. This is not possible.

With 4870 and 4850 is hard to do 1000mhz even on cold water (with best of them, binned), 1110 is just out of range.

By the way, what was the voltage at 1110mhz?

Edited by poparamiro