HWBOT Community Forums

Weird things with Asus...

Guest george.kokovinis

Guest TheMadDutchDude

What a fantastic result!! I'm glad they actually came through and for once, didn't just say "it wasn't us, it was you," to you in the end.

Thumbs up to Christian for getting the ball rolling too. :)

Guest george.kokovinis

This is a small part of a pm I sent to Adeline.

I post here the part that can be posted publicly.

It is my understanding of things in business and I do not expect ( possibly ) everyone to agree.

Thought it would be nice to share.

"The phenomenon of customers trying to getting rid of their OWN RESPONSIBILITY for a damage given, and switch this to a company is very common.

More over, when the decision to be taken by a company, must be based remotely on data provided ( and are questionable ).

My understanding of things is that there SHOULD BE a way for a more direct approach ( company-product-problem-customer ), so that the TRUE PICTURE of things would be more clear and the decisions prompt.

The Greek Asus service center in Athens could have requested from me a direct inspection of the product.

No, they chose the easy path to transfer the problem abroad, complicating things to the point of no return.

Things should not work that way.

Amazon.de should have also asked me to send the board back, at least for inspection, instead of raising a wall in front of me and hanging up the phone.

All in all, running three substantially large companies for 30 years now, I learned the hard way, that the consumer is the one and only true capital of a company, and should not be let down, with limited rules and restrictions of course.

BUT IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO HAVE OPEN CHANNELS BETWEEN THE CONSUMER AND THE COMPANY."

You're right George. I guess all companies have progress to do in this area. Sometime their prefer to take the easiest way and not take the best decision for the customer. I guess this is all about process and procedure between the different entities.

Personally, it's bad it takes so long to get something, and get us crazy "nous faire tourner en bourrique (in French)" but glad, we could help on this problem.

Thanks Christian for sharing the problem.

Guest TheMadDutchDude

I too agree that there should be more of a communication path for us consumers. Take the UK and ASUS for example. We cannot RMA directly to ASUS, and it has to go through a retailer, no questions asked. ASUS refuse to even talk to you if you try to sort out an RMA, or at least they have done so in the past when my Z77 Sabertooth stopped booting past POST due to the SATA ports having an issue with the compatibility mode which could not be turned off, at all.

Fortunately, most of my "daily" hardware (none of mine (what is 24/7?), mostly family and friends hardware) is absolutely fine and I've not had to RMA things since roughly 2009.

Guest george.kokovinis
I too agree that there should be more of a communication path for us consumers. Take the UK and ASUS for example. We cannot RMA directly to ASUS, and it has to go through a retailer, no questions asked. ASUS refuse to even talk to you if you try to sort out an RMA, or at least they have done so in the past when my Z77 Sabertooth stopped booting past POST due to the SATA ports having an issue with the compatibility mode which could not be turned off, at all.

Fortunately, most of my "daily" hardware (none of mine (what is 24/7?), mostly family and friends hardware) is absolutely fine and I've not had to RMA things since roughly 2009.

Best experience I ever had with RMA, was last summer when one of my EVGA gtx 780 ti classified decided to stop working.

Card had been bought from a retailer in Germany.

Short contact with EVGA, ticket number, RMA number, advanced RMA option chosen, new card here in three days.

Sent the faulty one back, money from advanced RMA collateral refunded in 24 hours.

All in all a week or something.

EXCELLENT !

Two weeks later I get a message from Patrick ( EVGA Europe technical department ) if all is ok !!!

What more to ask for ?

• 2 weeks later...

ya that really sucks. If they can take your money where you live than you should get the same support as everyone else.

Guest george.kokovinis
ya that really sucks. If they can take your money where you live than you should get the same support as everyone else.

Wise words.

To put it bluntly, life can't be a one way street.

If in a business transaction, you are good till you pay and then you are forgotten, something is definitely very wrong.

I bought 3 z87 impacts a couple years back.. 2 of them came with major bent pins.. quality issue..

SURPRISE... READ ON FOLKS....:woot:

Guest george.kokovinis

Well...

Has any of you kind folks receive any RVE in his mail recently free of charge ???

NEITHER HAVE I ....!!!

More over, all communications have been cut off, and Asus is totally unresponsive, to my MOST SIMPLE QUESTION :

Why do you promise something and you don't do it ?

Promises in written form of immediate free of charge replacement.

E-mail messages, TELEPHONE CALLS ( WOW...).

Nah, nothing. Crap, bull....

LIES LIES LIES.

I am done here folks.

Going back to read Asimov, just to remember FACTS AND FICTION.

How naïve was I...

Guest TheMadDutchDude

So, they said that they're sending you a new board for free, but you've not received it yet. Is that correct? It could well be in the post somewhere or they could just be full of it. Either way, give it a little while and let us know what happens.

I hope it turns up for your sake, and theirs alike. Such a big manufacturer and their support is shocking. I'll stick to other brands in case I ever need an RMA, I think. :/

Guest george.kokovinis
So, they said that they're sending you a new board for free, but you've not received it yet. Is that correct? It could well be in the post somewhere or they could just be full of it. Either way, give it a little while and let us know what happens.

I hope it turns up for your sake, and theirs alike. Such a big manufacturer and their support is shocking. I'll stick to other brands in case I ever need an RMA, I think. :/

It is even more simple.

Asus agreed here, thru their representative "Akane" ( Mrs. Adeline ), to replace the board.

They sent me four e-mail messages for conformation and their contact details of Asus in Germany ( European Asus center ) to ask for an RMA number. They advised that Asus.de was already alerted to the case and that the solution would be immediate.

No sir.

After three e-mail messages and a phone call to Asus.de, I got no reply.

NONE.

I tried to contact again the same lady here and thru mail but no success.

I tried contacting her and another gentleman in Asus Taiwan, who had sent me the mail messages and confirmation.

NOPE. DEAD END.

Go figure.

And in case some one things that all this is Asimov, nope, all documentation is at hand and AVAILABLE FOR PUBLIC VIEW, should the board would consider giving more weight to the bull.... we are eating daily from huge companies, forking out our hard earned money for their products.

That is all.

I was raised to respect. Either a dime or a million.

Either the rich or the poor.

There is no respect here.

FOR ME THE NAME ASUS IS DEAD.

Guest george.kokovinis

I have almost completed my initial desire, after I was screwed with the RVE.

I was planning to make a video and upload it to YouTube, but I was stopped by the lies and promises of Asus.

The video is almost ready, and only final refinements remain before I upload it and post the link here.

Title :

ASUS Rampage V Extreme gets what it deserves - FIRE.

Stay tuned folks...It is a blast:banana::nana:

George, I understand you're upset about the board and want to "revenge" on ASUS, but please understand that your actions may also hurt those that were willing to help you out. You posted a thread on the forums and instantly people tried to help you by reaching out to contacts in the company. It's neither Christian's nor Adeline's responsibility to take care of ASUS RMA, but they tried to help you anyway.

If you launch you "motherboard on fire" campaign, how do you think this will reflect on the two people who tried to help you out? Do you think they will receive happy emails from their contacts? Or do you think they will get blamed for trying to help?

I understand your frustration, but please consider that you will end up hurting yourself and the two people who were trying to help more than you will hurt a company.

Guest george.kokovinis
George, I understand you're upset about the board and want to "revenge" on ASUS, but please understand that your actions may also hurt those that were willing to help you out. You posted a thread on the forums and instantly people tried to help you by reaching out to contacts in the company. It's neither Christian's nor Adeline's responsibility to take care of ASUS RMA, but they tried to help you anyway.

If you launch you "motherboard on fire" campaign, how do you think this will reflect on the two people who tried to help you out? Do you think they will receive happy emails from their contacts? Or do you think they will get blamed for trying to help?

I understand your frustration, but please consider that you will end up hurting yourself and the two people who were trying to help more than you will hurt a company.

Hurt myself ?

By which way, with all due respect, sir ?

Get banned from here ?

So ?

Are words like justice, honesty professionalism familiar to you ? ( Yes they are )

How am I going to hurt Christian ?

Because he sent some where a mail message ?

Is Christian responsible for my sayings or actions ? NO.

I am deeply obliged to Christian for what he did.

Who is Adeline ( Akane ) finally ?

She presented herself as speaking on behalf of Asus.

She was the one who reassured me that Asus.de were alerted to the case and I would pay only 21 Euros to have the faulty board replaced ?

Is she with Asus or not ?

Do you know Mr. Papastergiou ?

He is most certainly with Asus. We even spoke on the phone and reassured me that this will end immediately with a replacement.

Revenge ?

You better watch your words more carefully sir.

I am not a child.

I am a 56 years old successful businessman.

I have a loss of 500$ and several hours of totally useless communication, where at least two people are pulling my leg, they will have a small and tiny loss in reputation.

Do you want me not to post the link here ?

I respect it.

I will not.

But still the video is going up to YouTube and there is no way I could be stopped.

If you feel like banning me, please proceed.

With respect,

George C, Kokovinis

I use the word "Revenge" assuming you're going to upload a video setting the motherboard on fire based on your previous reply. If I'm wrong, please accept my apology. Also, you're not getting banned for this thread or for any video you may or may not post. We don't have a tradition of banning people.

I just want to make you aware that by posting such videos you may end up causing problems for people who tried to help. Agreed, this trouble may be minor but ... well, I just wanted to point it out.

In the end, I hope your situation gets resolved somehow :).

No offense intended!

Guest george.kokovinis
I use the word "Revenge" assuming you're going to upload a video setting the motherboard on fire based on your previous reply. If I'm wrong, please accept my apology. Also, you're not getting banned for this thread or for any video you may or may not post. We don't have a tradition of banning people.

I just want to make you aware that by posting such videos you may end up causing problems for people who tried to help. Agreed, this trouble may be minor but ... well, I just wanted to point it out.

In the end, I hope your situation gets resolved somehow :).

No offense intended!

No offense taken.

No video is going to YouTube.

I most certainly do not want Christian to have the slightest annoyance due to his good will to help.

I wish to Asus to get richer with my stolen 500$.

This thread can be closed or left open, depending on your wise discretion and professional decision.

I leave it to you.

End of story for me. And a big lesson.:celebration: