HWBOT Community Forums

Deleted result.Why?

Your score was blocked - because

1. Basic version of 06 mark doesn`t show score.

2. Score on main mark window and opened result differs.

Please provide ORB link to resolve situation

Both points can be explained with the same reason: the windows install I was using was an old install, so the 3DMark06 version was 1.02. This version always shows the score immediately, even the Basic version.

Also, it does not immediately show the score in the main window. That happens as soon as the score screen is closed. So what you see is the score of the run before the 7979 run. (By the way, if you want to approve THAT score instead of the 7979 score, be my guest.)

You can check what I tell by downloading 3Dark06 1.02 and trying it out.

I do have a .3dr file of the run, but the FM site gives an error because the 3DMark version is not the newest. If you in any way can read out the .3dr file, I will give it to you.

Now that I've explained that, AND given you an ORB link to show that the SM scores are not weird, can I please have my score back?

Both points can be explained with the same reason: the windows install I was using was an old install, so the 3DMark06 version was 1.02. This version always shows the score immediately, even the Basic version.

Also, it does not immediately show the score in the main window. That happens as soon as the score screen is closed. So what you see is the score of the run before the 7979 run. (By the way, if you want to approve THAT score instead of the 7979 score, be my guest.)

You can check what I tell by downloading 3Dark06 1.02 and trying it out.

I do have a .3dr file of the run, but the FM site gives an error because the 3DMark version is not the newest. If you in any way can read out the .3dr file, I will give it to you.

Now that I've explained that, AND given you an ORB link to show that the SM scores are not weird, can I please have my score back?

Older 3dmark versions are not allowed. You need to have the newest version.

Older 3dmark versions are not allowed. You need to have the newest version.

First of all: I cant find that demand anywhere on the site.

Second: there is no way to check wich version is used by a lot of people, so that cant be a reason. You'd have to delete every single score that does not have a FM verification, while the screenshot AND the score are OK. Also, on the ORB there is no way to tell wich version is used.

First of all: I cant find that demand anywhere on the site.

Second: there is no way to check wich version is used by a lot of people, so that cant be a reason. You'd have to delete every single score that does not have a FM verification, while the screenshot AND the score are OK. Also, on the ORB there is no way to tell wich version is used.

I checked some screens and you're actually right. It's impossible to spot the difference (except if there is a different layout or something but I don't know about that. I only looked for the 3dmarkxx version on the images). And if you say there is no "rule" about using the newest available version, then I believe you. I just had a strong feeling it was actually a rule, a rule that MOST users follow anyway. Maybe I was wrong. But I'm pretty sure that it WILL be a rule in the future, so you should update asap ;)

Orb link should be mandatory, as well as a screenshot IMO.

Btw, if you sm2.0 score was very much higher than expected, then it could be a bugged run. Such things happens sometimes. I can't compare for myself, unfortuantely, as I'm unable to see your scores.

if you submit results today, we expect results to be done with benchmark software of today; the latest versions.

Yes, but on the other hand - say the older versions give better scores. Then we could be in a situation that the top scores would be impossible to beat.

And I hope the rules will be WRITTEN DOWN soon. No rule has been broken in this case, at least not a written one. If it was possible for him to find that info about newest version etc on the site, I'm sure he would've downloaded the latest update.

And I hope the rules will be WRITTEN DOWN soon. No rule has been broken in this case, at least not a written one. If it was possible for him to find that info about newest version etc on the site, I'm sure he would've downloaded the latest update.

Point taken, starting right now.

I checked some screens and you're actually right. It's impossible to spot the difference (except if there is a different layout or something but I don't know about that. I only looked for the 3dmarkxx version on the images). And if you say there is no "rule" about using the newest available version, then I believe you. I just had a strong feeling it was actually a rule, a rule that MOST users follow anyway. Maybe I was wrong. But I'm pretty sure that it WILL be a rule in the future, so you should update asap ;)

Like I told you, the only reason for using the old version was that it was already installed. I did already upgrade to 1.10 ;)

Orb link should be mandatory, as well as a screenshot IMO.

Btw, if you sm2.0 score was very much higher than expected, then it could be a bugged run. Such things happens sometimes. I can't compare for myself, unfortuantely, as I'm unable to see your scores.

Not the SM2.0 score, but the SM3.0 score is higher than average. It is not a bugged run, for 2 reasons:

1. the run before the submitted run shows (visible in my submitted image) about the same scores

2. the ORB verification I linked to a couple of posts before shows SM scores in the same region

I think this all makes clear that my score is OK.

As I said: look at my score with a E6300, imagine the dualcore is replaced by a quadcore. Is the score all of a sudden fake because it is the highest, while clockspeeds are a bit lower than surrouding scores.

I thought benching was not just about the highest clockspeeds, but also the best tweaks to achieve a high score.

It's blocked for reasons that didnt exist when I submitted the score.

Plus yes, the card has been sold, so rebenching is kinda difficult ;)