HWBOT Community Forums

So I have an AC unit... What's next for Phase Change?

As per the title, I have a 10k BTU AC unit, which needs a minor repair & then it will be set to go for extreme cooling. (Someone decided it would be a great idea to drill a hole in the bottom and punctured one of the copper tubes on the side of one of the rads, so will be a minor fix).

Since I'll have to refill & fix the thing anyway I figured that a Phase Change cooler was in order... What do I need, and where to start?

(Heres a pic of the unit with the cover off:

EmUHJSM.jpg )

first check your compressor if is for R407c( low back pressure) refrigerant , 10k btu compressor design for R407c will had ~ 18-19 cm3/rev cilynder displacement ... that is what you need for a phase change!

if the compresor is for R410a( hight back pressure) refrigerant , 10k btu compressor design for R410a will had ~ 11-12 cm³/rev cilynder displacement , so used in low back pressure application like oc phase change with low back pressure refrigerant R502 , R404a or R507 isn´t so good!