HWBOT Community Forums

Another suspicious results by bwanasoft

For instance - 8400GS Aquamark3 run - http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=722059

- Bwanasoft scores pretty darn high with very low clock speeds

- after careful observation of GPU-z, i spotted a very weird "Bandwidth" - twice as high as it should be at these memory frequencies on one 64-bit memory channel. If that's true, bwanasoft's 8400GS memory should run @ 926MHz (DDR-1852).

- Secondly, Pixel & Texel Fillrate are way off!

Before you start with excuses such as "yeah, GPU-z lies" i give you my result with pretty much higher frequencies with the SAME GPU-z version and it shows both bandwith & fillrate correctly. Here: http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=736311

I have a very bad feeling that bwanasoft deliberately photoshoped the 8500GT 128bit result because of the following reasons:

- Pixel & Texel Fillrate is higher due to 8 ROPs on 8500GT (note that on nVidia based card 4 ROP units are binded to one 64-bit memory channel) - fits the profile at this clockspeeds.

- Bandwidth is off the scale for 64-bit card, it fits 128-bit (ergo, twice the width) perfectly

The same suspicion goes on his 2001SE result - he's scoring 27427 points with card clocked at 570/463MHz, Conroe@4.4GHz. I've ran mine @ 710/510MHz (maximum stable frequency with no voltmods) with Penryn @5.15GHz scoring 23k and up. Only affected IQ with LOD bias range, hell not even MIPMAP can give you that kind of a boost on a 64-bit card (tried that aswell)... 100MHz on shaders brings about 4-5FPS in nature, 10MHz on memory gains you more than 50MHz on GPU. 27k with 64bit mem @ 463MHz? Ha ha ha.

His 3DM05 run - http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=722056 - looks faked aswell, but i have no solid proof other than he provided no ORB since i haven't tested it yet thoroughly.

Isn't it about time for him to stop doing that? :woot:

I can only bench not more and post the results. Not more.

The 8400 GS ( G86 ) graka are trash who can not run with steps at the 8500 Graka, Manufactor are use other bios for build cheaper graka for OEM build.

Same handling like MSI 7900 GTO.

This graka iss from ALDI PC ( discounter ).

Let it blocked.

It´s my last bench for hwbot, i can do what i want, all iss wrong.

Don't take HWbot's action personal; the scores are not in line with the others, not even close and thus are suspicious. The gpu-z program acts not normal as well, so it's our privilege to take the scores out of circulation untill we can see them as normal.

Not submitting to HWBot is a choice you make.

No, Bwanasoft, it's not wrong to benchmark the videocards, it's just plain wrong when you wanna make idiots of us when you try to sell me some shitty excuse. Aldi videocard is made by MSI, so no excuse there. 8500GT and 8400GS is literrally the same chip that only lacks 4 ROP units and one 64-bit channel. You can persuade the drivers very easily with some BIOS editing and *.ini modding.

Just stop it, dude.

if from 8400gs by changing bios u have 8500gt shouldnt u post result in 8500gt? :P coz u have 8500gt by that ;)

No, Bwanasoft, it's not wrong to benchmark the videocards, it's just plain wrong when you wanna make idiots of us when you try to sell me some shitty excuse. Aldi videocard is made by MSI, so no excuse there. 8500GT and 8400GS is literrally the same chip that only lacks 4 ROP units and one 64-bit channel. You can persuade the drivers very easily with some BIOS editing and *.ini modding.

Just stop it, dude.

Both ways described here are ILLEGAL at HWBot.

Indeed as they should be. I'm just trying to point out that we ain't such crying newbies as he thinks. He didn't present not a single contra-argument in his defense, only usual whiners-talk-how-evil-we-are-to-always-pick-on-his-results...

Indeed as they should be. I'm just trying to point out that we ain't such crying newbies as he thinks. He didn't present not a single contra-argument in his defense, only usual whiners-talk-how-evil-we-are-to-always-pick-on-his-results...

Whiners? Said by someone who sees a weird score and yells CHEAT CHEAT before anyone has had a look at it!!! :rolleyes:

Sure, the screens are weird, but it's not a cheat until the mods say it is.

I hope the mods here would ban people who call people cheaters if they end up being totally innocent. You can't call someone a murderer just because you find a bloody knife in the thrash:confused:

Bwanasoft is like OJ Simpson then :)

Re-check my first post, have i named him cheater? I did not! I have just simply explained my concerns and gave proof and also possible explanations of how this results could be obtained. Bwanasoft had never ever tried to defend himself although i did not attack him personally, i just wanted him to explain it. He failed at it, as it is obvious.

This is not the first time Bwanasoft was accused and also proven guilty of photoshoping. He lost his reputation a while ago.

ohhh lol i kow somebody who paint scores but not bwanasoft i dont tell names but he only use it to paint his own scores with cpu-z because he don't have enough time to open it after the 1m run but you dont know anything about aldi in Germany the gpu-s are so funny there details ...

Bwanasoft is like OJ Simpson then :)

Re-check my first post, have i named him cheater? I did not! I have just simply explained my concerns and gave proof and also possible explanations of how this results could be obtained. Bwanasoft had never ever tried to defend himself although i did not attack him personally, i just wanted him to explain it. He failed at it, as it is obvious.

This is not the first time Bwanasoft was accused and also proven guilty of photoshoping. He lost his reputation a while ago.

It was the photoshop-accusation I was referring to. If you say that someone is using photoshop you call this person a cheater. And I don't think everyone did agree that he was a cheater the last time this kind of stuff was dicussed.

I don't complain about you reporting the scores, I'm annoyed by the way you do it. You find someone guilty, but you're not the judge. Let the mods decide who's a cheater, and who's not. All your job is, is to tell what's wrong with a score if you think it looks weird.

I wouldn't bother explaining these kinds of accusations here if it was me who was the "photoshopper". Bwanasoft doesn't have to give you an answer to your questions. If the mods want something from him, they can do it via PM's. Perhaps he did it that way. We don't know.

Btw, if this 8400GS-stuff is a flashed 8500 - could it be flashed by someone else than Bwanasoft, before he bought it? A pure accident?

Hello together,

And now is finished!!!!! I cannot hear it any more with your accusations!!!

Some have to search here apparently the whole day for time around with Bwanasoft to results something. And as well as only something looks maybe peculiarly, everything shouts immediately always cheat, paint etc. Oh... what is called everything? These are always the same ones the stuff silly here of themselves give. Three or four people.

I have looked to the "moderating tool" (very good tool i think)

Everytime the same Users they report Results from Bwana...

I can remember still in 2007 it where Bwana first stood sometimes on the first place. There he was allowed to do more than 100 Benchmarks once again benchen, because of pointless stuff. Half a world had looked only at Bwanas to results. He might not be more first.

ps. I have see this ominous one videocard. They is no flashed, cheated, paintet or other ...

one should discuss here in quiet ones why so many points have originated and shout not immediately always after cheat.

i hope my english is understandly

greetz

Lunatic

I can to help to try. But, I am no expert in the matter of videomaps. Maybe I drive this week-end to Bwana if he time has (he lives 130 km of me). Then we will carry out a few tests or will try to find / out what it has with it on itself.

only on the GPUz screen can´t i see this.

At the moment I think, this is anyhow a mutant of 8400GS

Just don't give me the bullcr_p about the flashed 8500GT card. He had like ton of hardware in his hand, he should have spotted the difference between the 128-bit card & 64-bit card in the first second he took it in his hands. Besides, all of his 8400GS runs lacked validation, so that was the main reason for my suspicion when i first saw too high scores with too low clocks (and - ultimately - too high bw & pixel/texel fillrate).

@lunatic@98: I understand you want defend you teammate. But, because of that your stance is bias, you're risking credibility for a person that lost his in the eyes of the many a while ago.

@knopfler: I do not know how to react when i see someone's making a joke out of everyone else who's benching the same videocard expect of how i reacted.

I am like the district attorney, hwbot.org is the judge. I can make accusation with proper proof (which i provided) and take him to hwbot.org court, hwbot.org is the judge who gives the ultimate decision. He was found guilty, perhaps not by all points of verdict, but guilty anyway. I did not rushed into the forums and stated 'look, here's the cheater with too high score', i explained every bit & part of my concerns and only then stated my belief'.

tiborrr

everytime the first what you said, "he is cheating or painting or other illegal"...

Even if somebody him no notion of videocards has this sees, asks itself why is in such a way?

Think you he take this picture with to low clock for a fake Screenshot???? Then it would really be very bad fake. So stupidly he is not certain. Everything looks at him because he is on the first place.

Have you written sometimes a PM of Bwana or to one mod and him asked what is wrong there?

NOOOOOO.... First, you written a big thread. And writte from "mip map" or other illegal stuff.

THIS IS CALL-DAMAGING!!!!

AND NOW STOP WITH IT!!!!

Guys, let's not turn this thread into a mud-throwing festival, please :).

Both Tiborrr and Lunatic have valid arguments here: Tiborrr actually made a very well-based and good argumented thread about some weird scores and in particular why they are weird, these kinds of threads help us A LOT. Lunatic is right, though, that this can be seen as a personal attack, although I'm convinced it was not meant as a personal attack.

Please, let's chill down and wait for Bwanasoft/Lunatic to give HWbot arguments why these scores are not fishy nor weird. The scores have been blocked, because they are under moderation, not because we have made a final verdict yet.

Just don't give me the bullcr_p about the flashed 8500GT card. He had like ton of hardware in his hand, he should have spotted the difference between the 128-bit card & 64-bit card in the first second he took it in his hands. Besides, all of his 8400GS runs lacked validation, so that was the main reason for my suspicion when i first saw too high scores with too low clocks (and - ultimately - too high bw & pixel/texel fillrate).

@lunatic@98: I understand you want defend you teammate. But, because of that your stance is bias, you're risking credibility for a person that lost his in the eyes of the many a while ago.

@knopfler: I do not know how to react when i see someone's making a joke out of everyone else who's benching the same videocard expect of how i reacted.

I am like the district attorney, hwbot.org is the judge. I can make accusation with proper proof (which i provided) and take him to hwbot.org court, hwbot.org is the judge who gives the ultimate decision. He was found guilty, perhaps not by all points of verdict, but guilty anyway. I did not rushed into the forums and stated 'look, here's the cheater with too high score', i explained every bit & part of my concerns and only then stated my belief'.

I know a ton of hardware myself, and I promise you - I would NEVER have spotted the different bandwidth. When I bench, I usually write down the top scores on a piece of paper, so I know what I have to beat. If I beat the second place by a few points, I wouldn't bother looking at the screenie, as I already beat it.

Just because Bwanasoft owns alot of stuff doesn't mean he knows every spec and expected bandwidth of the cards he bench. I have a bunch of old video cards. I couldn't care less about the bandwidths, what interests ME is that I can get points by benching those cards.:)

Bwanasoft didn't make fun of anyone, unless he cheated. Which hasn't been proved. All we know is that the scores look weird. You can say "oh, it looks like photoshop", but if there is another explanation, then that explanation has to be proved wrong. And perhaps that explanation is that the card was flashed by someone else. Not Bwanasoft's fault, is it? You can't expect people to double-check everything.

Who found him guilty btw? The MODS are the judges. The +1-noobs are just the mob demanding an execution. They have the right to express their opinions, but what they think and feel is totally irrelevant for the judges, who look at the proof. If you can show me that jmke, rich, massman or some other mod said he was guilty of cheating, please show me.