HWBOT Community Forums

Price Check 6630mhz Case King CPU

Strong Island

Hi Guys, was thinking of selling 6630mhz case king pretested cpu. I have gotten it to 6.7ghz hwbot prime but last time 6630 was best score. I also have some 3d01 and aquamark subs in my profile at 6711mhz. It's a pretty amazing cpu, also about 6.3-6.4 cache, can run b-die over 4000mhz/impact in geekbench, xtu, aquamark. only benches I tried.

The box says 6630mhz hwbot prime, I forgot what voltage said, can update when I get home.

The only problem, I was always using asus mobo with the die guard thing, and did same exact process everytime.

But I tried same process with mocf without the guard and 2 of the corners ended up going away. So 2 corners are slightly missing.

But it happened awhile ago and have benched a ton with no issue. So you could get an amazing cpu for a little less.

I do this on asus board. Use the die guard thing, and loosen each hold down brkt screw by 2 turns and a 1/4, then I clamp cpu and tighten each screw 1 turn, a half each time. And it never got damaged again and works great.

I just dont know if anyone would still want or how much discount to give.

SI, you should add an image. Think just reading about damage sounds like a lot, maybe is less seeing it :D. By the way I cant afford it, just giving an advice. GLWS!

ya a photo will definitely help. I will upload one, thanks for advice, I will give a pretty big discount for damage. Like $400-$500.

But I have been using for around 3 months with cracks, and they havent gotten worse, and the cpu is amazing, did 6711 aquamark and 3d01 2 months after cracks.

It's like the sharp part of the corner is missing, but not the whole corner.

here are some 3d, it might have gone a little further

Strong Island`s 3DMark2001 SE score: 143589 marks with a GeForce 9800 GTX(+)

Edited by Strong Island

Gunny had a caseking 6.5+ and had it for around $600 without any luck so I would say for one that is damaged you aren't going to get more than $350-$450 max. Just doesn't seem like people are wanting to spend large money on 6700k.

Edited by CAxVIPER

Gunny had a caseking 6.5+ and had it for around $600 without any luck so I would case for one that is damaged you aren't going to get more than $350-$450 max. Just doesn't seem like people are wanting to spend large money on 6700k.

ya I hear ya, but this should be considered a 6.7+ cpu, so I think $450 is pretty fair. It has done 6700mhz hwbot prime and 6.7 3d is very easy, not many of these floating around and will still be pretty powerful even with kaby lake.

I can also provide a brand new retail 6700k if this one dies because of the damage. I just would need it back first.

ya I hear ya, but this should be considered a 6.7+ cpu, so I think $450 is pretty fair. It has done 6700mhz hwbot prime and 6.7 3d is very easy, not many of these floating around and will still be pretty powerful even with kaby lake.

I can also provide a brand new retail 6700k if this one dies because of the damage. I just would need it back first.

The worst that happens is you list it for that and then it doesn't sell and you lower it. I mean if it works then it shouldn't be an issue especially if you are willing replace it with a new one.

The worst that happens is you list it for that and then it doesn't sell and you lower it. I mean if it works then it shouldn't be an issue especially if you are willing replace it with a new one.

I am struggling because I want to keep it so bad, but I need the money, thanks for the price range, I guess I will just list it with pics, gonna take some pics now.