HWBOT Community Forums

Rule discussion; Multiple accounts

M.Beier

I am fully aware of HWBOTs stand on multi account, but none the less, I'd like to make a thread about it.

How come it is not allowed to make multiple accounts, if not HW sharing between the accounts?

Many guys, such as Leeghoofd, does reviews, reviews that does not require LN2 - these reviews are usually done with stock cooling, or watercooling...

I myself have been asked many times to review, due not enough time I've declined, but will pick up just before christmas...

I'd like to use one account for watercooling, review scores - and another for the seldom occation of LN2 - the hardware that will be used will not be the same, perhaps with SSD/PSU/monitor as exception.

I won't do it and get banned, but I'd like to use this thread to argue that HWBOT might consider opening the window...

Thanks you for taking the time to read the thread,

Cheers.

Is the solution by hwbot as it is now... :)

Personally I'd prefer competing in water category if that is what I'd normally bench in, LN2 has been years, and I'd only go LN2 if vendor event or hwbot event - demo or other such, regular benching at home, I simply don't use LN2 no more.

• Crew

I would gladly argue on the real source of this and still not allow multiuple account (as this is a workaround).

Multiple account is not the objectiv but the workaround. The leagues are not supposed to be bonded only by cooling type to compare, but by access to hardware and Skills.

So addressing the Leagues requirement / activations would be more useful IMHO.

If someone benches within the requirements of league "X" 90% of the time and league "Y" the other 10%.... why not just not submit the Y-league scores? If they were that important, there'd be a league change....

True, I think the Y won't be submitted, but my thought - if I do have time, next year at Computex to compete in the hwbot overclocking - mainly for the thrill.... How can I submit scores? Would I have to submit and uncheck the scores giving points? If its that simple - then no biggie.

I would gladly argue on the real source of this and still not allow multiuple account (as this is a workaround).

Multiple account is not the objectiv but the workaround. The leagues are not supposed to be bonded only by cooling type to compare, but by access to hardware and Skills.

Valid point - hw access is key, atleast in the higher leagues.

The leagues are not supposed to be bonded only by cooling type to compare, but by access to hardware and Skills.

I think it's fairly safe to say that someone building their first PC will not be voltmodding it and using LN2. :) Ranking scores by efficiency will need that new validation method that's being discussed :P

I think it's fairly safe to say that someone building their first PC will not be voltmodding it and using LN2. :) Ranking scores by efficiency will need that new validation method that's being discussed :P

Next project (being a dumbass), watercool 1060, vgpu and then see if I can beat the 1070 scores domestic.

Once upon a time I thought of this myself.

Could there not be a league/user group for "Work/Website" accounts. They don't get put into any other league, results still show under search but the actual account never gets put into a league? There is no point for a review website/blog etc to be in a league, it just saves clogging your personnel account with a metric shit tonne of submissions.

My thought would be that individual's wanting one of these accounts, would have to email/PM someone about them prior to starting the account so it could be put into this user group.

Just an idea anyways.