HWBOT Community Forums

Ryzen 1800x HWBOT prime

OptyTrooper

• 1 month later...
Guest cat1092

How can an AMD user install Intel XTU? Have tried on two of my current FX systems and can't, I presumed because an Intel CPU had to be installed. While I like having competition to keep pricing in check, which is good for us all, the Intel XTU app are & should be for Intel enthusiasts, AMD should be hosting their own competitions.

That's my two cents in the matter anyway. Heck, I'm a certified Intel XTU user & in the top 10% overall rankings inside of a year (with modest hardware) with over 200+ benchmarks uploaded with GSkill RAM (purchased four 16GB TridentX kits months ago, running in XMP mode) & don't have my cup and/or any awarded points. Now (a limited group) of AMD owners are getting the 'red carpet' treatment, while the mainstream ones gets nothing?

Please don't take this the wrong way, I like AMD, and I've long applauded their decision to stick with soldered on IHS. Of which Intel wouldn't have been in all of these 'heat spike' conversations & have never came clean with the truth in saving $5 per CPU (if that) when enthusiasts are shelling out $300+ for an unlocked quad core bonded by glue and thermal paste. Most would be happy for a properly built CPU, and if ever a clever upstart can figure out how to solder these with 100% accuracy, that company would have customers on a 3-4 month waiting list.

That is one thing that AMD continues to do right, as well as (finally) giving Intel some competition for over a decade. Yet my point still stands, how does an AMD user download & install Intel XTU & most that cannot afford a Ryzen 1800X (at this time) can't?

Cat

suppose one needs to bench both intel and amd. As it stands with one benchmark being exclusive to intel cpus, it gives an intel bencher the opportunity for points that an amd bencher just does not have. be nice if there was an amd exclusive benchmark in the roster or no points for XTU :D

Edited by cbjaust

suppose one needs to bench both intel and amd. As it stands with one benchmark being exclusive to intel cpus, it gives an intel bencher the opportunity for points that an amd bencher just does not have. be nice if there was an amd exclusive benchmark in the roster or no points for XTU :D

Agreed. We need an amd bench wear billions of people spam scores on locked cpus and laptops that boost the number of people on the site but there aren't into oc :P build one into ryzen master.

Xtu is a prime 95 with avx so I could run on amd but Intel wouldn't let it.