HWBOT Community Forums

ale belo - Celeron G470 @ 2188MHz - 43sec 554ms wPrime - 32m

Leeghoofd

Ugghhh I just didn't have enough time to bench wprime properly on the G470.

Basically you need to find the best OS for wprime, and also put wprime.exe in different places. Put one wprime.exe on the desktop, one in C, one in D etc. Start the one that you have on desktop and bench it again and again until the score can't improve, then close it. Start the wprime.exe that's located in C, bench it again and again until the score can't improve, close it. Start the one that's located in D, same procedure. One of these wprime.exe will always give a slightly better result than the others - just a tad better, it's not a supertweak or something :D After several tries you'll eventually get a good score :P 

6 minutes ago, George_o/c said:

Ugghhh I just didn't have enough time to bench wprime properly on the G470.

Basically you need to find the best OS for wprime, and also put wprime.exe in different places. Put one wprime.exe on the desktop, one in C, one in D etc. Start the one that you have on desktop and bench it again and again until the score can't improve, then close it. Start the wprime.exe that's located in C, bench it again and again until the score can't improve, close it. Start the one that's located in D, same procedure. One of these wprime.exe will always give a slightly better result than the others - just a tad better, it's not a supertweak or something :D After several tries you'll eventually get a good score :P 

Wow! Thanks man! So many people here hold onto their efficiency secrets like gold stashed away, awesome that you're sharing! I'll have to try that when I try to get hypers to behave this week.

Just now, George_o/c said:

This tweak only helps a little bit. Most of the efficiency derives from the OS. Vista is not always the fastest, you need to try XP too depending on the CPU. 

I guess I'm way off with win 7 then xD but I only have 1 bench ssd rn and I'll make this win 7 install last as long as possible damn it!

1 minute ago, George_o/c said:

With G470 I only benched on win7 as well because I was bored :D I was so tired from all the x265 and XTU benching (was trying for days) so I went through the rest of the benchmarks in a few hours :P 

Basically how it went for me, lol. Spent a few weeks on x265, then once I had the chip for that I just relied on clocks to bruteforce the rest of the scores, although I couldn't take spi without xp.