HWBOT Community Forums

Jumper118 - Xeon E5 2670 @ 2730MHz - 23.884 fps HWBOT x265 Benchmark - 1080p

yosarianilives

It does not say they aren't in the competition limitations and rules? It says 1 processor ie single socket and that server cpus are allowed ie Xeons and opterons. I don't see a reason they would limit Xeons to 6 cores only when the amd fx is allowed which is 8 cores. I think the highest core xeon is 12 or 14 cores for this platform and it wouldn't be faster than a 4770k anyway due to the very low clock speeds.

1 hour ago, Jumper118 said:

It does not say they aren't in the competition limitations and rules? It says 1 processor ie single socket and that server cpus are allowed ie Xeons and opterons. I don't see a reason they would limit Xeons to 6 cores only when the amd fx is allowed which is 8 cores. I think the highest core xeon is 12 or 14 cores for this platform and it wouldn't be faster than a 4770k anyway due to the very low clock speeds.

Comp thread says 6 cores, but rules page does not so was confused. Anyways, if anyone can get a Ddr3 lga 2011-1 board to run some e7 v3/v4 xeons for sweet 24 core Haswell action. Should get 60-80 fps, and only for about $5k on ebay 

22 hours ago, yosarianilives said:

Comp thread says 6 cores, but rules page does not so was confused. Anyways, if anyone can get a Ddr3 lga 2011-1 board to run some e7 v3/v4 xeons for sweet 24 core Haswell action. Should get 60-80 fps, and only for about $5k on ebay 

the v4 are ddr4 only. the v3 are upto 18 cores and ddr3/4. its still 2.6ghz and like you said, the cost is insane, so i doubt someone would go out and buy one to use in this one competition :P if they do, then that cool with me! would be epic to see tbh.