HWBOT Community Forums

Need help with 4coredual subzero

I'm running my 4coredual and I'm finding that at -1c the temp sensor rolls over to 256c, this causes the cpu to thermal throttle and lock to the lowest multiplier. I've not been able to find a way to disable thermal throttling or the sensor in bios. How do I get around this? I've seen people running these boards on ln2 so I know that it's not impossible, I just have yet to figure it out.

Hoping that the fact that I'm using the VSTA instead of the SATA2 isn't what's holding me back. I noticed that most people use the SATA 2 but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Also gonna open up the bios probably tonight or tomorrow and see if I get lucky and thermal throttling is a hidden setting, AMI bios so ez to mod.

4 hours ago, yosarianilives said:

I've been told that the vsta can take the sata2 bios, so at least if it's a difference of bioses between the board that is easily resolvedĀ 

Oh yeah, I assumed you'd already done that. If you use the Asrock Windows flash tool you just need to uncheck the "verify motherboard model" (or something) box.