HWBOT Community Forums

[FS:EU] Budget Copper LN2 pots for CPU (LGA 775-2066, AM3/AM4 mount)

LordNicoll

Hello folks, thanks to having access for a month to some Lathes and Mills (Colchester Triumph VS 2500 and Ajax AJT4) at no cost (so basically the only cost is metal and VAT for it and shipping) I can make some LN2 pots from C101 copper (HDHC, an alloy with very good thermal conductance). The pots would be an adaption of a design by Pkkshadow. 

Diameter would be 63.5mm, with a height of 60mm, made from solid copper with some slots cut in for surface area. The contact area would be around 45mmx45mm, and the pot would have a 100mm-120mm aluminium extension on top. The hold down for the top would pretty basic and have holes for Intel LGA 775, LGA 115x, LGA 1366/LGA2011/LGA 2066 and AMD AM2/AM3/FM1/AM1/FM2/AM4 support. Any more sockets and I'd be spending a very long time setting up the slotting. 

I'm not 100% sure of the cost as of right now, since shipping to different areas varies and I don't have a solid estimate for weight, but it would be be between €75-€90. If anyone has any questions or interest please let me know on this post so I can see how much copper and aluminium I'd need. 

Edited by LordNicoll
Fixed autocorrect -_-
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I have a rough idea of prices now, basic price for the pot would be €65 plus shipping. Pots are a little heavy though so depending where in the world you are, it could be around as much as €41, which is regrettable, however if I could keep the package to 2KG or under it'd only be €22, a tough job on a pot that's already pushing possibly up to 1.7KG. I included a drawing of the pot design.

Capture004.PNG

• Like 1

On 10/2/2019 at 9:30 PM, Sparks.nl said:

I might be interested if I could put it on Socket A. 

Hi, Not sure if I'll have time to make it now, getting the parts in before my exam would be a challenge but otherwise yes it'd fit socket A fine. As you can it's the perfect size for socket A, that might have been intentional on the side of the designer as I only adapted the design to have more mass. 

Screenshot (429).png

20 hours ago, Sparks.nl said:

If it has the correct holes for Socket A you have a buyer. If it takes a few weeks more that is no proiblem. I am in no rush. 

Edit: Never mind. I now see that my Fusion pod has Socket A mounting holes. 

If you already have a pot but it lacks mounting for a given socket, no need to buy a new pot hehe, just have someone make a new mounting plate. All of my pots have detachable holddowns, I really don't like ones that are part of the pot.