HWBOT Community Forums

Intel Black Ops 6 core 4.6ghz cpu

1808743395_Blackops115blkR15966.thumb.png.878b183964bde4d1ef788f5339e198c8.png

i not managed to get the multi to work, but the bclk seems to work perfectly fine upto 115mhz. anything over 115 is hard wall 00 post code.

also seems like the cpu is going full speed ie 46x multi, until it reaches windows as if i try run bclk with 46x multi manually set it will not boot into windows, gets bsod 124. i had it set to 41x which would mean it would run 4.714ghz if it worked, one core does sometimes boost to 4.714ghz, but not for long, 2 cores at a time seems to boost to 4.6ghz also which is 40x. All core is stuck at 39x. 

later today i will try set up z9pe d8 ws as this maybe have more options to increase boost times or power limits. on the rive there is no option for these. 

Edited by Jumper118
  • Like 1

I have tried the z9pe d8 ws, it behaves in a similar way to the RIVE. CPU 0 runs at a maximum frequency of 3.6ghz all core, cpu 1 seems to just run at 3.4ghz all core. The turbo timing and limits are all stock at 0, in the bios it says the cpu frequency is 3.6ghz not matter what i set it to, even though i can set the multiplier anywhere upto 54x, which is higher than the RIVE which only let me set the multi to 46x in the bios, the other issue is setting the multi doesnt work even if i set it lower than stock, so it very stuck atm. 

1 minute ago, Mr.Scott said:

Probably.

Your boards will run it, even though not officially supported, but that doesn't mean it will run correctly.

It is bios related. Need one that officially supports the processor. 

Or a modded one.

as far as i am aware the only board that unofficially officially supports it is a dell R730XD server board, but of course that bios isnt available as this cpu doesn't exist :P 

These are the information i managed to get off the seller

We have a couple of gamer guys here and the really like them. If you have the ability and equipment you can program these to do whatever you want that's why they don't come with a STEP Code. Thanks for the sale.

I believe it was a Dell R730xd. There are people blogging this proc. We have sold 6 or more and none have come back. We do know it can be way over clocked.

We have fired them on R720 and R620 boards no problem.

I suspect it worked in the r720 and r620 same as it works in the asus boards i have tried, ie, not at full speed. 

Also i really wonder who else bought them, i know for a fact Linus has at least one. But i have not seen any forum posts or youtube videos with someone with them working. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/17/2019 at 11:10 AM, Jumper118 said:

Also i really wonder who else bought them, i know for a fact Linus has at least one. But i have not seen any forum posts or youtube videos with someone with them working. 

I've had two of these for a couple months. Also skeptical about the seller's claims about them working if they're just dropped into one of those dell servers - he told me the same thing. I'm pretty sure they required some unreleased firmware, like you mentioned. If we could get hold of that firmware image, perhaps we could figure it out - even better if we had a complete running system.

I have the same thing as you with the RIVE - 39 multiplier, 42 turbo boost single core. I can get it pulling 275W TDP and it start hitting 92C even with good water cooling - suspect my CPU water block can't dissipate that much heat. IDK.  Windows reports 46x all cores. I'll try booting into Linux soon and see what I get there. at 3.6Ghz @ 1v vcore, I get normal Ivy Bridge temps and performance. Running it right now at 'sane' values until we figure out how to get it working to its full potential.

The firmware is likely setting some MSRs to enable the full clock speed? I don't fully know what it would be setting or what's holding it back. I'm reaching out to some firmware engineers I know since I only know about older AMD processors (K8 / Fam10h).

*Edit* also the seller was incorrect. The processor has a stepping of M1 which is Ivy Bridge-EP-10 (if that's what he meant by 'STEP'). It's a 10 core die, 25MB L3 chip with 4 cores disabled.

Edited by ncr
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ncr said:

I've had two of these for a couple months. Also skeptical about the seller's claims about them working if they're just dropped into one of those dell servers - he told me the same thing. I'm pretty sure they required some unreleased firmware, like you mentioned. If we could get hold of that firmware image, perhaps we could figure it out - even better if we had a complete running system.

I have the same thing as you with the RIVE - 39 multiplier, 42 turbo boost single core. I can get it pulling 275W TDP and it start hitting 92C even with good water cooling - suspect my CPU water block can't dissipate that much heat. IDK.  Windows reports 46x all cores. I'll try booting into Linux soon and see what I get there. at 3.6Ghz @ 1v vcore, I get normal Ivy Bridge temps and performance. Running it right now at 'sane' values until we figure out how to get it working to its full potential.

The firmware is likely setting some MSRs to enable the full clock speed? I don't fully know what it would be setting or what's holding it back. I'm reaching out to some firmware engineers I know since I only know about older AMD processors (K8 / Fam10h).

*Edit* also the seller was incorrect. The processor has a stepping of M1 which is Ivy Bridge-EP-10 (if that's what he meant by 'STEP'). It's a 10 core die, 25MB L3 chip with 4 cores disabled.

that is great, sounds like you did a bit more testing than me :) if it behaves in a similar way in linux as windows, that means the board bios/ firmware is the issue. Once the bios supports it properly, i dont see why it wouldnt be able to run 4.6ghz on water. If you get something sorted out please update the thread as its a really cool cpu and i would love to see them working at full speed :D 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
17 hours ago, Sparky's__Adventure said:

@Jumper118 Do you know where to find one of the 4 core variants of this s CPU? Should run at 4.4ghz.

Also, there is a CPU with code QE2H, which is an unlocked 10c/20t 25m l3$ Ivy CPU that supports multiple sockets.

not a clue, these things are super hard to find. i'll keep a look out, but impossible to find. Are you sure the 10 core is unlocked? from the ebay listings i can see it seems limited to 3.3ghz? 

Edited by Jumper118

• 3 weeks later...

subbed some more scores with mine now

also @ObscureParadox pointed me to this new information

https://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Xeon/TYPE-Xeon E5-4600 v2.html

Intel Blackops 6 Core 4.60GHz Version

2020-05-01 08:41:06
Posted by: DDAA117

This Processor is Based on E5-4600 V2,and the Frequency is based on Temperature.
T<20℃——All Cores can up to 4.60GHz;
20℃<T<40℃——All Cores can up to 4.00~4.30GHz;
T>40℃——All Cores can up to 3.90GHz.

https://allthingssurplus.com/2x-intel-blackops-6-core-4-60ghz-2011-socket-engineering-sample-cpu-a19/

Edited by Jumper118
  • Like 1