HWBOT Community Forums

Supermicro X7DAE superboard for LGA771)))))

GRIFF

Hello to all.
At the request of @ground1556 I open the discussion regarding an extraordinary lga771 motherboard.
for now I don't know if the card that brought me Onisa is special or we were lucky to have a particular HW combination.
1. Card used for CC has no modification
2.Only with one type of ram rises so much in frequency
3.Cpucool allows you to go up more from windows than setfsb.
4. Card reaches 515mhz with air on NB.
5.I had to use socket 2 because socket 1 is not working for the moment. CPU remains cold. I have not deepened.
6.Bank RAM used with the cascade reaches 490mhz of air validated, the best bank reaches 503 on air and not checked with extreme cooling.

Wrote what I remembered. When I return to Italy, I certainly continue experimenting with this fantastic card.

Thanks! 

Initially wanted to wait until I actually tested CPUcool as well, but since this thread is already here might as well start. I have a slightly different Board (X7DBR-3) (5000P instead of 5000X chipset as well as different layout)

1. On my board I vid-modded the NB, ran it all the way up to 1.7V with it cold, but no noticable benefit

2. tried 3 different sets of fb-dimm, one of which was known to do 500 MHz in another board with a different divider, all got pretty much the same results

3. I’ve so far only had time to try Setfsb, how much further did CPUcool get you? With Setfsb I was getting a wall around ~436 fsb

4-6 nothing to report.. yet ;) 

Same here, once I get back home I’ll try cpu cool and try to figure out some voltmods for all the relevant rails.