HWBOT Community Forums

Unlock extreme overvolt on 2080Ti Lightning

EXPERIMENTAL! The purpose of this is testing and experimentation only.
Also, ensure you have proper cooling (chiller or good water-cooling or even subzero)

Desc: This "mod" will unlock voltage control on MP2888A based card with digital voltage: 2080Ti Lightning. Core voltage will be unlocked also power limit, so be very careful what you're doing, I haven't tested this on retail card, my Lightning has NDA hardmods so test this yourself properly with caution.

STEPS :
1) Download XOC Pack that is here in attachments.
2) Flash bios "kp.rom" to your card ("kp.rom" bios is Kingpin XOC bios with no overcurrent, overvoltage and overheating protection, be aware ! Fans are spinning 100% all the time for safety)
3) After flashing bios and restarting PC, place file "MSIAfterburner.oem2" into your MSI Afterburner folder on your hard disk (C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner).
4 ) Go to your Afterburner settings and set "Unlock voltage control" to "third party". Other settings are in the screenshot in attachments.
5) Restart afterburner and enjoy voltage control, however, please check your temps and voltage through probes placed on side of the card with a multimeter, the +mv value is not correct, u have to try how much it adds actually.
PLEASE: after doing this let me know how to mod works because I didn't test it on retail cards yet, thanks and enjoy.

spi.png

XOC Pack.zip

Edited by Slovak_Killer
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

What do you mean Joakim10?   Yes I know the powerlimit just says 100% and that is max.. but the voltage is greyed out with 3rd party and the afterburner file.. 

Also this MP2888A voltage control? is this only specific cards? or also on mine FE 2080 Ti ?

But when I flash the BIOS and copy the afterburner file.. my voltage is greyed out! ??? 

If you flash card with kp.rom the limits up of voltage and power.

But on FE the limitation perhaps are on PCB board. I dont know secure.

Try it and monitoring with software.

You have other fase power control.

Edited by Ximi
add information.