HWBOT Community Forums

WingMcCallister - Ryzen 9 3900X @ 4349MHz - 7827 marks Cinebench - R20

Leeghoofd

Well, I'm confused by this. When I submitted that score (what was it, a 9 months ago?) there were two different listings: an 'R20' and an 'R20 with BenchMate'. Since I didn't have BenchMate. I posted my result to the one without. I also searched around, read the submission page, and didn't see anything suggesting that I was missing something needed to post scores to that category. Is this a newer rules initiative? The date that's listed on the rules page you linked is Nov 21, 2020, so this seems to be a more recent development. 

Personally, I would have appreciated a discussion to occur before my submission was just removed. From my perspective, it feels like I'm being called out for potentially cheating the system when I didn't. It also seems that the decision on R20 scores came literally months after I submitted, and I can't change causality. Just looking at the forum, it seems as though I'm not alone in this boat. Though, interestingly, there are still a handful of scores that were even higher than mine that don't have BenchMate in their screenshots either. Yet, for some reason, those submissions are fine. 

Really, really disappointed. 

3 hours ago, WingMcCallister said:

Well, I'm confused by this. When I submitted that score (what was it, a 9 months ago?) there were two different listings: an 'R20' and an 'R20 with BenchMate'. Since I didn't have BenchMate. I posted my result to the one without. I also searched around, read the submission page, and didn't see anything suggesting that I was missing something needed to post scores to that category. Is this a newer rules initiative? The date that's listed on the rules page you linked is Nov 21, 2020, so this seems to be a more recent development. 

Personally, I would have appreciated a discussion to occur before my submission was just removed. From my perspective, it feels like I'm being called out for potentially cheating the system when I didn't. It also seems that the decision on R20 scores came literally months after I submitted, and I can't change causality. Just looking at the forum, it seems as though I'm not alone in this boat. Though, interestingly, there are still a handful of scores that were even higher than mine that don't have BenchMate in their screenshots either. Yet, for some reason, those submissions are fine. 

Really, really disappointed. 

Rules regarding windows 8/10 and benchmarks has been around since Skylake launch, so this isn't a new thing. The rule page had simply been updated in November to make it up to date, but the windows rules would have been there previously. This isn't a major deal and nobody is calling you a cheat, it's just that we have to be consistent with rules and shouldn't make exceptions for one and not the other. If you believe other scores are out of line then feel free to report them and the mods will take a look at them :)

• Crew

I just dug up the old rules for Cinebench, just to show they were not easy to comprehend versus the new ones that cover +/-  the same verification principles.

CBR15oldrules.jpg

So end of 2019 we made benching with BenchMate and AMD platforms on Win8/10 mandatory.
Again nobody is calling you a cheat, your score just remained under the radar and now a user reported yours and tons of others.

It's a something you need to get used how to do proper verification. Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty straightforward.