HWBOT Community Forums

Kansai - Quadro FX 380 LP @ 705/1075MHz - 1423 marks 3DMark Vantage - Performance (GPU)

Mrmouse

Discusing with my friends about it, I understand the difference between the two benchs is the proof that the first one was bugged, even if it's consistent, I can reproduce it any time.
Now I also know that it's easy to gain a lot with it, even if the difference is less obvious.

Know where is the limit, is <1fps allowed ? 0.5fps ? Where is it considered as a bug run ?

Did I just ruined Vantage because I post a comment about how it went ?

I just posted the comment to let people do the same and improve there scores... For me it was fun to do, come on 3D benching without artefacts ....

Edited by Kansai

Usually, gt tests scale quite the same percentage. So, as an example, if all people get gt1 as 1fps and gt2 as 2fps (so gt 2 is x2 faster) and you get your gt1 as 1fps (like all people do) and gt2 as 3fps (so x1.5 times faster than others and x3 times faster than your gt1) that simple math will expose a bugged run with gt2. Overclocking usually gains same or similar performance gains - for above example, 1.1fps and 2.2fps (+10%) is expected score, and if you get 1.1fps and 2.6fps (so +10% for gt1 and +30% for gt2) then you should revalidate your score.

Don't think you've explored something very new. So called black screen runs are known for decades. You should use common sense first of all. If image is deadly corrupted to bring you extra fps then rebench. Artefacts itself are still okay and may happen even with stock clocks sometimes but not when it breaks the scene completely.

Ok I spent the evening reproducing the bug, It's quite easy to do with my settings, and I have everything recorded on video.

On my GPU a non-bugged GT1 make GT1 fps lower than GT2... everything above was because of bugged texture / black textures, I have videos.

• Like 1

Please share you point of view regarding what should be tolerated or not regarding the ratio GT1 / GT2, in this video you can see that I only have a positive ratio when GT1 is bugged.

PS : Sorry again for the watermark ....

Edited by Kansai

• Crew

Normally with Vantage GT1 is higher than GT2... unless the CPU takes over completely with eg  high modern cards, we see an opposite effect.

like Terraraptor mentioned a 10-15% margin is acceptable, but once you surpass 20% or even 30% GT difference, you should be aware the benchmark is no longer being rendered correctly and the output is bugged by you, the end user....

Alright, just be aware that in my case, 10% margin is already "bugged", everything is about to keep the vram in the right spot to be in the legal margin.

And just to avoid people thinking I'm guilty of cheating, This happened  with multiple drivers, only on W7, only when the memory is at the limit. I was just pushing without thinking is could be bugged, because it was consistent. Now I'm aware, and hopefully nobody will accidentaly exceede 15% ratio ...