HWBOT Community Forums

Ep45 ds4p high fsb oc

somerandomtechyboi

I just wanna see how far i can push my ep45 ds4p

Main specs are e8400 (e0), 1x3 extreem dark 1066 6-6-6-18, ofc gigabyte ep45 ds4p. For other parts the psu is some 11 year old dazumba 450w that seems so handle ocing fine, 9500gt as a display adaper, 80gb sata hdd, and a rubbish 92mm chinese tower (alseye eddy 90b plus)

Currently max stable (prime95 large ffts) is 570 fsb, settings are 570fsb, 104 pcie, ddr2 1368 7-9-9-10 132 trfc 2.04v, termination (vtt) 1.34v, pll 1.3v, cpu ref ~0.61x, mch 1.4v, mch ref ~0.56x, cpu clock drive 1000mv, pcie clock drive 700mv, cpu clock skew 100ps, mch clock skew 0ps, driving strength profile 1066mhz, everything else auto cause i have no idea what the other settings do and what i should aim for

Currently trying for 600fsb, the settings changed are termination (vtt) to 1.44v, same volt for mch, and rams set to 1200 6-7-5-10 2.1v, at this very specific setting i can get it to boot into w7 but doesnt go any further then the welcome screen. What settings should i change? Cause i havent screwed around with the other settings that i left on auto

First time posting here so if i sound like a moron then thats why .-.

*adjusting VTT will also adjust your CPU GTLv.. so be careful moving that around too much once youve found a good range for it.. 1.38 - 1.42VTT can be enough depending on your GTL settings.

I would go higher on MCHv and try to work on your GTLv to get both cores stable. If you can get it in windows.. run 32m wprime.. watch to see if one core is far behind/ahead of the other. Thats an indication your GTLs are not optimal. Try adjusting GTLv on that core, before you move VTT.

Edited by CL3P20

11 hours ago, CL3P20 said:

*adjusting VTT will also adjust your CPU GTLv.. so be careful moving that around too much once youve found a good range for it.. 1.38 - 1.42VTT can be enough depending on your GTL settings.

I would go higher on MCHv and try to work on your GTLv to get both cores stable. If you can get it in windows.. run 32m wprime.. watch to see if one core is far behind/ahead of the other. Thats an indication your GTLs are not optimal. Try adjusting GTLv on that core, before you move VTT.

Are you referring to cpu reference2? Cause i had no idea this board can control cpu core gtls individually, and why does the stock voltages this board has indicates that cpu ref2 is set 0.04v above cpu ref?

Yes - CPU ref# = GTLv for each core. Typically 1x core always needs a bit more/less vs the other to stay in sync. If core1 [ref2] was higher at stock.. it likely needs to be higher now as well. For Gigabyte boards..you have to figure out what GTLv youre actually giving CPU by using the following:

[VTT * CPU ref1%] = Core 0 GTLv

[VTT * CPU ref2%] = Core 1 GTLv

**On Asus boards.. they just show you the set value in volts so no calculation is needed. What you see is what youre giving each core.

Use 32m wprime to see how close the cores are in sync/out of sync. You will literally see one core completing wprime loops while the other is still calculating = out of sync and needs more GTLv

Edited by CL3P20

40 minutes ago, CL3P20 said:

for each core

No way. GTL0/1 are adress and data reference levels for die0, gtl2/3 are address and data reference levels for die1.

Also, wprime thread synchronization has very small relation to GTL tweaking (just in case of severe instability one of the threads may be delayed to fix errors), wprime likes to desynchronize in general if OS is bad. If you want to track down GTL tweaking results, better way is using hyperpi 32m - once a thread stops with error just go to task manager and check the affinity of superpi thread that stopped working. 

ill try f ing around with gtls later cause its 2 am xD

2 hours ago, CL3P20 said:

[VTT * CPU ref1%] = Core 0 GTLv

I already use that for all vref tied to vtt

I havent seen any sort of improvement from screwing around with cpu ref2, it actually makes things worse, and leaving it on auto seems to be fine but i guess ill have a go at gtl tuning