HWBOT Community Forums

Help me to understand?

I'm not complaining at all - just want to be clear - because I realized I don't actually understand how points work when I thought I did.

When I go here I have an entry that places me third for 8x Ryzen 7 3800X GPUPI for CPU - 1B ranking. That gets me this:

image.png.ff675be4f6ee33a9f04a19261670cd1a.png

When I click on the the link for the entry that has 5th spot for 8x Ryzen 7 3800X GPUPI for CPU - 1B ranking I see this:

image.png.34d6f1674039b4a814f38e43acd3d8a7.png

How does that work? Help me to understand?

Thanks in advance!

Marco

Very simply put

Global points: only your best submission per benchmark will grant you global points, doesn't matter what hardware you use. Not all benchmarks are eligible for global points, if there's nothing in the global points column in the benchmarks overview, then you can't receive global points. So you only can only have 20 submissions with global points.

Hardware points: only your best submission per benchmark for that specific hardware will grant you hardware points. Same story as above, if there's nothing in the hardware points column then there's no points to get for that benchmark.

Took me a while to figure out but once you get it, it all makes total sense.

Edited by wutske
  • Like 1